Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Burnt out radiator fan

Old 06-23-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burnt out radiator fan

To start off I did do a search relating to my situation but I just would rather start a new thread to get some input from you guys...

2007 JKU with NO recent off roading, submerging , mudding, etc.... I have been driving in traffic all day in this hot Houston day and now on the way home temperature warning light/chime come on. On its own it would cool down, then come back on. Finally it reached Max temp and continuous chime. I pulled over and shut her down for about 15 min. The coolant was boiling and when it finally stopped I was sitting at about 1/3 full. I was able to make it home with a jug of 50/50.

Now while I refilled the anti freeze, I turned on my AC to find that my radiator fan is not spinning. Is this why I began to over heat? Thank you for any help
Old 06-23-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In a word. Yes
Old 06-23-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do I need to replace the whole fan unit or just a motor?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by FirewalkerSahara
Do I need to replace the whole fan unit or just a motor?
You should troubleshoot to see if power is available at the fan motor connector when the fan should be running.

If power is present at the connector....

Here is a part number for just the fan motor: 68039595AA

I don't know if the motor in the stock fan unit is removable, or if this motor will fit. I can only say I suspect it will work.
Call your dealer with the part number and ask.

There are waterproof electric fans for the JK, though. Search this forum for SPAL fan.

Here is another alternative I'm experimenting with:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...trofit-235132/

Last edited by ronjenx; 06-23-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Burnt out radiator fan