Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bumpstops

Old 10-08-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bumpstops

Just a curious question, maybe a dumb one! Have stock bump stops 3" lift with bilsteins 35's . Will smaller bumpstops allow more flex?? Can I cut them?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If the shocks are made for the 3" lift they'll get damaged at full up travel by bottoming out, you may also have some fender rubbing issues. I would definitely extend the bump stops sooner than later.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

From your profile pic, you are running without fenders? Yes, less bumpstop will increase the up-travel, until the point where the shocks over-compress and you destroy them. Run the numbers and see what you come up with, but you are probably better off leaving them as is.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks, ya I just gonna leave them, dont need to be buyin new shocks! Guess I will invest in some arms

Quick Reply: bumpstops