Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpstop spacing = rough ride

Old 08-11-2013, 05:09 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpstop spacing = rough ride

With the added weight of front and rear bumpers and winch my 2.5" teraflex lift sagged quite a bit. Is the gap between the bumpstop and lower plate to small and possibly that is the culprit for my harsh ride?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1376226236038.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	487239  
Old 08-11-2013, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
With the added weight of front and rear bumpers and winch my 2.5" teraflex lift sagged quite a bit. Is the gap between the bumpstop and lower plate to small and possibly that is the culprit for my harsh ride?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The shock has limited compression. Gotta believe that is the major factor. If it is, and the tire has enough clearance in the wheel well, a set of ACOS from JKS is my prescription.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

You still have room before the bumpstop itself actually hits. The jounce bumper is just like a shock absorber and not your actual bumpstop.

What shocks are you running ?
Old 08-11-2013, 10:16 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Bilstein 5100

Sent from my SGH-I337M
Old 08-11-2013, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

I would suggest a coil spacer to get you back to your original height. Then depending which shocks you have you might want to upgrade to something better. Last depending on how much lift you actually have you can improve your ride quality with some control arm brackets. They will get your control arms back to the factory angles. This will let the springs and shocks do their jobs better.

Quick Reply: Bumpstop spacing = rough ride