Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpers and Winch

Old 11-11-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpers and Winch

I am the proud owner of a 2009 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, and new to the sport. I wanted to ask your opinion about some bumpers and winch.

The front and rear bumper I am considering are from Rock Hard 4x4. So has anyone used them for anything, can anyone recommend them? I am planning on using my jeep on rock trails, etc. The following links are the front and rear bumpers I am looking at.

http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/fron...r-full-jk.html
http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/jk-rear.html

One of the reasons I am considering purchasing from them, is that the front bumper will hold the Warn PowerPlant winch I would like. Has anyone used the PowerPlant before, opinions? Also, one of the reasons I am interested in the Rock Hard Bumpers, is that it seems like the PowerPlant winch is mounted lower than some other bumpers that will hold this winch.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the Forum Rowan

I have a little expierience with Rock Hard and have been pleased with their quality as I've seen it. I don't have the PowerPlant, but many on here do and I've never heard a bad thing said about them.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the powerplant is a nice Winch, it was my first choice, but once I found out it wouldnt fit in my bumper without modifications, I settled for the 9.5ti, which has worked well for me so far....

Congrats with the JK purchase.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

I like new Shrockworks mid width that N2Rock has. That will be the one I get when I can afford it.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rowan
I am the proud owner of a 2009 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, and new to the sport. I wanted to ask your opinion about some bumpers and winch.

The front and rear bumper I am considering are from Rock Hard 4x4. So has anyone used them for anything, can anyone recommend them? I am planning on using my jeep on rock trails, etc. The following links are the front and rear bumpers I am looking at.

http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/fron...r-full-jk.html
http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/jk-rear.html

One of the reasons I am considering purchasing from them, is that the front bumper will hold the Warn PowerPlant winch I would like. Has anyone used the PowerPlant before, opinions? Also, one of the reasons I am interested in the Rock Hard Bumpers, is that it seems like the PowerPlant winch is mounted lower than some other bumpers that will hold this winch.

Thanks
Rowan,

I also have the PowerPlant, and I have been very happy with it while airing up the 37s. I like the looks of the rockhard rear bumper, and the front looks good with the stock fenders. The only suggestion I have is to think about if you someday want after market fenders, because that bumper might look odd with flat fenders. There are a number of bumpers out there that sink the Powerplant between the rails, I would say go with a midwidth or stubby if you are playing in the rocks or planning on putting some big meats on.

I like my Badger Customs, made in NM, and they can put any kind of hoop you want on it, or none at all.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the comments.

I have often wondered about the rockhard full width bumper Im interested in as it relates to the fenders. I have thought that in the future I would cut them off or replace them with something that doesnt stick out so far, and yes that would make the bumper look bad. I havent decided yet about the front bumper, but with the rear bumper I think I will end up getting the rock hard, because all the extra accessories can unbolt off when not needed.

Walker, I have to admit, your jeep looks great, and that bumper is also very nice, but what you have done is add another bumper into my options...Do they have a website?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rowan
Thanks for the comments.

I have often wondered about the rockhard full width bumper Im interested in as it relates to the fenders. I have thought that in the future I would cut them off or replace them with something that doesnt stick out so far, and yes that would make the bumper look bad. I havent decided yet about the front bumper, but with the rear bumper I think I will end up getting the rock hard, because all the extra accessories can unbolt off when not needed.

Walker, I have to admit, your jeep looks great, and that bumper is also very nice, but what you have done is add another bumper into my options...Do they have a website?
No, they are still working on a website. You can check my album for some raw pics without the stinger. They are working on a rear bumper too. PM me if you want the number, they are a small custom shop and not a sponsor here YET.

Quick Reply: Bumpers and Winch