Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpers...where to begin!

Old 03-31-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ESDSKeith
Thanks. Do they have the aluminum in black or just the steel? Does your front bumpers protect underside at all? Looks like I'm going to have to give them a call on Monday!
Front bumper protects down to the crash bar. All bumpers from them can be had in aluminum.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phrogmech46

Front bumper protects down to the crash bar. All bumpers from them can be had in aluminum.
They can also have the aluminum powdercoated.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a pic of my front to help out your visual. In the one with my son you can see the front skid

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2859231894.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	440993

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2335994313.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	440991

Last edited by Poker5150; 03-31-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rugged Ridge XHD modular front bumper sounds like what you're looking for. Winch, non winch, stinger, tube ends, stubby, dozens of combinations you can choose from and it's super easy to install and d-rings are super strong
Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poker5150
They can also have the aluminum powdercoated.
Your right I miss read the question. Personally I like rattle canning my stuff since its cheaper and easier to paint. I also recommend buying bare and having it powder coated at a local place because of the potential damage to it during delivery.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

I run a jcr dagger up front,, it has nice lines, clean and simple,, place of stock fog lights, and you can get an optional stinger,, built seriously strong. In the rear I have a M.O.R.E bumper and tire carrier. Again, nice lines, hitch reciever, angled hi-lift jack mount, and tire carrier opens with the tailgate,,, no latches to un do. I also like the way it only slightly wraps around the corner. The bumper lines up perfectly with the poison spyder flat flares. As said before,,, a lot of research goes into these decisions,, good luck finding your bumpers!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0536.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	441010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0548.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	441011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0587.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	441016  
Old 04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Tire Carrier

Nice photos. Do you have one with your whole tire carrier in it. How does that stay latched closed? I don't see anything on the driver side.

Originally Posted by big dr
I run a jcr dagger up front,, it has nice lines, clean and simple,, place of stock fog lights, and you can get an optional stinger,, built seriously strong. In the rear I have a M.O.R.E bumper and tire carrier. Again, nice lines, hitch reciever, angled hi-lift jack mount, and tire carrier opens with the tailgate,,, no latches to un do. I also like the way it only slightly wraps around the corner. The bumper lines up perfectly with the poison spyder flat flares. As said before,,, a lot of research goes into these decisions,, good luck finding your bumpers!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

I went with the Warn Stubby Bumper, installed on Saturday, and I love the way it looks.

The winch mounts on top, so you can run it without a winch for a while and not have it look silly.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default Warn stubby

I just looked at that one tonight! Looks good too. Is it easy to mount a winch after the bumper is installed. Looks like the sit on top style may be easier to mount the winch. Did it come painted, and if so, did it withstand UPS?
I see a lot of them come un painted so you can have it the color and type you want. Any ideas on the average price on having one painted vs powder coated?
So far I like the Poison Spyder JK Brawler Lite Front Bumper with Brawler Bar Jeep JK Front Bumper | Parts & Armor | Poison Spyder Customs , JK Wrangler Front Stubby Dagger Pre-Runner Winch Bumper JcrOffroad, Inc. JK Wrangler Front Stubby Dagger Pre-Runner Winch Bumper , and the Warn that you bought.
Post a picture for me to see how it looks.

Originally Posted by caveman8fb
I went with the Warn Stubby Bumper, installed on Saturday, and I love the way it looks.

The winch mounts on top, so you can run it without a winch for a while and not have it look silly.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah the Warn comes with a pretty good powder coating. The bumper install was not easy, getting all the bolts to lineup before tightening was difficult. The winch install looks easy, although I haven't put mine on yet since my cover was delayed (synthetic).

The install calls for cutting off part of the evap canister mount, and grinding a hole to allow a large bolt to fit. The bigger the hole the better as the bracket is difficult to lineup and the more wiggle room the better.

The install will go easier if you have somebody to help you and an air ratchet, both of which I did not have.

Warn Stubby Installation Instructions

Quick Reply: Bumpers...where to begin!