Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpers with HiLift holes?

Old 09-20-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
Good 'effin' luck using a bottle jack in these situations.

Jack of All Trades | Expedition Portal
Considering the guy that started the thread made no mention of losing a bead or slashing a tire offroad... Plus the one guy said he was using a high lift to rotate his tires. I think you're assuming they meant for offroad use. Keep in mind common sense isn't common. This guy I quoted below had sway bar spacers milled for his front sway bar because his links were too short.

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
2 reasons we had to get rid of the Hi Lift Jack.. first the jack was mounted on the hood and was becoming extremely heavy for me to lift off without damaging the hood.. and the second reason.. there's no where on the JK that I would deem safe enough for a Hi Lift jack.. plastic bumpers and tin foil body panels.. However, I agree with finding the right bumpers and sliders (not side steps) to use as anchor points if you intend to get and keep a Hi Lift.. Otherwise, I've been using a floor jack.. with "red" points under the jeep to remind those needing to jack the jeep up to mate red on red.. Thou I do miss being able to jack the jeep up from one side and rotating both tires at once..

Last edited by JE8154; 09-20-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingfish1
I remember seeing a bumper (Hansen?) that had holes for a HiLift to fit into. Can anyone confirm this.
Also, where are most folks lifting from when using the HiLift?
Lots of bumpers have holes for Hi-Lifts! Here's my AEV and PSC. If I need to lift from the rear I install a shackle into a tab and lift from that. NBD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2892849416.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	576485

Name:	image-2582109249.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	576486

And my Jeep Swag Stealth Mount:

Name:	image-3033152296.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	576487
Old 09-20-2014, 09:02 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
Have you seen the JeepSwag, "Dave" Mount for the Hi-Lift? It doesn't get any safer, and more protective of the jack, than bolting it to the roll bar, inside and away from the elements.
Yeah, seen it.. but as I said it was getting too heavy with grow back issues.. and if we still had it.. I would have considered the roll bar mounting position..

@JE8154

Hum. is there an issues with (at one time) being able to jack the left or right side of the jeep and rotating the tire (back to front, front to back) all in one swoop?.. never had an issue.. used it for four years like this.. after all it is a "Farm jack" and has a variety of uses.. even sent pics to Hi-Jack showing the many uses.. Mind you this was while drive our late 99.. I wouldn't attempt doing this with the JK.. unless the JK had reinforced bumpers and side rails.. being creative is the order of things in our family and glad you above the custom drop blocks.. can't wait to use them.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBig
TJM Stubby Bumper
Yep and great ones.

I dont have a rear bumper yet but it will probably be JCR or ARB since they are one of the few companies that makes their bumpers with hi-lift jacking points.

Quick Reply: Bumpers with HiLift holes?