Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpers with HiLift holes?

Old 09-20-2014, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpers with HiLift holes?

Guys,

I remember seeing a bumper (Hansen?) that had holes for a HiLift to fit into. Can anyone confirm this.

Also, where are most folks lifting from when using the HiLift?

Just trying to plan for my next flat.

Thanks

KC
Old 09-20-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingfish1
Guys,

I remember seeing a bumper (Hansen?) that had holes for a HiLift to fit into. Can anyone confirm this.

Also, where are most folks lifting from when using the HiLift?

Just trying to plan for my next flat.

Thanks

KC
I don't know about Hansen but my front Warn bumper and rear Smittybilt bumper both have jack lift points in them. All ARB bumpers have jack points too.

Last edited by kmrtnsn; 09-20-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

JCR bumpers have them. Unfortunately,, they started that design after I already had mine
Old 09-20-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

ARB has them front and back.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:58 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 reasons we had to get rid of the Hi Lift Jack.. first the jack was mounted on the hood and was becoming extremely heavy for me to lift off without damaging the hood.. and the second reason.. there's no where on the JK that I would deem safe enough for a Hi Lift jack.. plastic bumpers and tin foil body panels.. However, I agree with finding the right bumpers and sliders (not side steps) to use as anchor points if you intend to get and keep a Hi Lift.. Otherwise, I've been using a floor jack.. with "red" points under the jeep to remind those needing to jack the jeep up to mate red on red.. Thou I do miss being able to jack the jeep up from one side and rotating both tires at once..
Old 09-20-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't be using a high lift to change a flat on the road. Get a bottle jack, or a base to raise the stock jack. Either is more than adequate to change a tire, and either is going to be much safer than a high lift.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Warn Stubby.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131010_203758.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	576436
Old 09-20-2014, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TJM Stubby Bumper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2296481367.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	576448  
Old 09-20-2014, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
2 reasons we had to get rid of the Hi Lift Jack.. first the jack was mounted on the hood and was becoming extremely heavy for me to lift off without damaging the hood.. and the second reason.. there's no where on the JK that I would deem safe enough for a Hi Lift jack.. plastic bumpers and tin foil body panels.. However, I agree with finding the right bumpers and sliders (not side steps) to use as anchor points if you intend to get and keep a Hi Lift.. Otherwise, I've been using a floor jack.. with "red" points under the jeep to remind those needing to jack the jeep up to mate red on red.. Thou I do miss being able to jack the jeep up from one side and rotating both tires at once..
Have you seen the JeepSwag, "Dave" Mount for the Hi-Lift? It doesn't get any safer, and more protective of the jack, than bolting it to the roll bar, inside and away from the elements.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JE8154
You shouldn't be using a high lift to change a flat on the road. Get a bottle jack, or a base to raise the stock jack. Either is more than adequate to change a tire, and either is going to be much safer than a high lift.
Good 'effin' luck using a bottle jack in these situations.

Jack of All Trades | Expedition Portal

Quick Reply: Bumpers with HiLift holes?