Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpers With Bull Bar vs Bumpers Without

Old 04-10-2011, 10:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpers With Bull Bar vs Bumpers Without

Whats your opinions on Bumpers with the Bull Bar vs Bumpers without?

Im looking at bumpers right now and i'm looking for one that doesn't have the Bull Bar because I dont like the look of them and I feel like they hide the grille of the Jeep.

I see a lot of styles I like but almost all of them have the Bull Bar.. So I was wondering if they are removable from most bumpers?

Also I was wondering If anyone knows of any nice bumpers that dont come with the bull bar thing?

If I cant find a bumper im thinking about just sticking with the stock one. Im looking for one more for looks than functionality.

PS.. When I say Bull Bar im referring to the hoop thats on top of the bumper, I dont know if thats what the proper name for it is or not.. So please forgive me if im not using the right terminology..
Old 04-10-2011, 11:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD can be purchased with or without...
Stubby or Full.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOD bumper come with or without the hoop, and they are an extra cost add-on if you want them.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MuddRat
Rugged Ridge Modular XHD can be purchased with or without...
Stubby or Full.
X2 on the XHD.

I think what you are calling a Bull Bar is actually the "Stinger" Hoop.

If you offroad alot or occasional rough spots, you may want to consider the Stinger as a safety feature. The stinger is designed primarily to prevent you from flipping forward onto your roof while descending but has some other functions as well.

I say go with the Rugged Ridge XHD because if you decide you want a stinger in the future, you can always add it. And they look pretty bad a$$!

Quick Reply: Bumpers With Bull Bar vs Bumpers Without