Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpers

Old 11-17-2016, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bumpers

Hey peeps, how many of you change your front bumper and keep the stock rear? I've found front bumpers that I like but am having a hard time finding a rear bumper. Just wondering if it'd look goofy.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's how my jeep is sitting at the moment. 😁
Old 11-17-2016, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

I hardly notice. The rear is less of a concern for me, since I went with the teraflex hinged tire carrier. I'll get one eventually, but I see no reason to rush unless you already have bigger tires and need one with a built in tire carrier. I would, however, add a hitch and a D-ring receiver so you can have an additional recovery point.

Not sure if you can even tell from the side...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20161117_133016.png
Views:	172
Size:	450.3 KB
ID:	661121
Old 11-17-2016, 10:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

All personal opinion, but I dont think it would look goofy to replace the front and leave the rear stock for now....especially if you have the factory flares. For some reason, doing the reverse (replacing rear and keeping the front stock) would seem a little goofy.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rear bumper is usually last on people's mind. Most people focus on the front. My Jeep actually looks better from behind because of all the mods. Not too many people running flush taillights fancy resi shocks diff cover etc....

The bulk of my money is in parts you can't see like gears, lockers, driveshafts. There is a big difference in a Jeep that looks cool and one that can actually climb up on rocks and ledges.

Or you can have a Jeep that looks cool and can climb stuff. Most built Jeeps do. I've got over 12K in mine I'm sure people on here have double that or tripple.

Jeeps are a money pit you have to decide how much your willing to part with.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Jeeps are a money pit you have to decide how much your willing to part with.
I went over 3 years without thinking about it at all. About 4 months ago I was bored one day and decided to document my build. I figured I wouldn't assign any $ values to it.....but as I listed things out I couldn't help remember what each upgrade cost me. That was the worst thing I've done to date.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:00 PM
JK Junkie

Go for it. Get the front then save up for the rear.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oso Blanco
I hardly notice. The rear is less of a concern for me, since I went with the teraflex hinged tire carrier. I'll get one eventually, but I see no reason to rush unless you already have bigger tires and need one with a built in tire carrier. I would, however, add a hitch and a D-ring receiver so you can have an additional recovery point.

Not sure if you can even tell from the side...

Attachment 661121
Thanks for the pic, that's what I was looking to see. Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Bumpers