Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpers

Old 01-22-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpers

What are the best aftermarket bumpers? Any pics?

Last edited by Absolute; 01-22-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

It really depends what you are looking for. Stubby? Mid width? Full width? Winch mount and if so integrated into the bumper or externally mounted? Provisions for fog lights? Light mount tabs? Lightweight? Give us an idea what you are looking for to narrow it down some
Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
It really depends what you are looking for. Stubby? Mid width? Full width? Winch mount and if so integrated into the bumper or externally mounted? Provisions for fog lights? Light mount tabs? Lightweight? Give us an idea what you are looking for to narrow it down some
X2

It's similar to asking what are the best shoes to buy. There's so many different ones to choose from. It really just depends on your needs and budget.

I've been looking at the Ace bumpers. I have their Rock Rails. They make great stuff at a decent price.

http://w ww.aceengineeringandfab.com/Stubby-Bumpers_c_9.html

http://w ww.aceengineeringandfab.com/Mid-Width-Bumper_c_21.html

Look around, there are literally dozens to choose from.

Last edited by Robar; 01-22-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Many of us have been where you are now. You have to determine what your needs are -- be specific -- then prioritize them.

I had my bumpers picked out more than once. I even went and bought a rear from S*****B*** only to find it [SUB]was a piece of junk[/SUB] did not work out for me. After I had everything figured out, the consideration of weight came to mind. That's when I decided to go aluminum. I'm only telling you this to illustrate the point.

Make a list, then prioritize it. The see as many of your choices as you can. Ask others who own them.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

I'm planning on making a custom bumper. Well, I'm designing it and my friend is making it. He has the fabricating tools. Anyhow.... I'm making my own because I know it will be sturdy and I don't want a bumper that looks like the next guys. No offense to the next guys, it's just a little originality on your rig is always good. I'm putting a stinger on it for sure, but with some flair.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Jeeperman

I just put a Jeeperman rear bumper/carrier on last week. Thing is built like a tank.

For me, it was getting away from the crowd. I wanted something unique. Jeeperman totally delivered on that.

I also liked that the finish was a little more professional looking, almost an upgrade over the standard powder coat.

Over the years, it seems like I always regretted not going one step up on everything. So, now I find what I need and spend a little more for future me. Would get bumpers that will take everything you can throw at them x2.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Hey everyone. I am looking for bumpers too. I have about 2000 to spend in all. I like a mid-width to full-width bumper with an integrated winch. the winch doesnt necessarily have to be INSIDE the bumper.. it can be external.. also I would like fog lights built into them. any suggestions? I was thinking about the Off Camber Fabrication front full width with winch and their rear full width.

Thanks in advance

Reed
Old 01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

EBay you could get a combo front and back bumper with tire carrier And a winch for under 1200.00. Saw a post on the site earlier and it has confirmed my thoughts and reserved my tax return for that.

Quick Reply: Bumpers