Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper without a Winch?

Old 03-17-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Olympic bumper. Plans for a winch when I save the $$$.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4286894832.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	138972  
Old 03-17-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I was in the same boat(jeep) lol as you.... I ended up getting the XHD bumper without ends .... I can add them later and also no winch... BUT I bought the bumper that was winch ready...., in case I add one later which I will. I'm at work these pics are from my iPhone sorry that they're not close ups... Rob from Canada
So i can have one that is winch ready and not need to buy a winch for a while? R there drain holes in it for the meantime? Also does it look weird without a winch in the meantime?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bingbola
So i can have one that is winch ready and not need to buy a winch for a while? R there drain holes in it for the meantime? Also does it look weird without a winch in the meantime?
The Olympic bumpers posted above, and the one I have, have space for a winch but there's no problem without one. Just don't get the winch plate yet and you shouldn't have any problems with drainage, not sure its an issue with one. There's just an empty slot where the fairlead will go but I don't think it looks strange without one.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0265.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	139043
Old 03-17-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bingbola
I run the rugged ridge and also am waiting to buy winch. Water wont collect in the area the winch will be and if you are worried about the looks then install bumper when you get the winch all at once. Trust me though the people that look are the ones that understand and appreciate a work in progress!! My avatar should give you some idea what it looks like without the winch.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4fit?
I'm a big fan of the PSC Brawler Lite with Brawler Bar. Looks great with or without a winch. None of these are mine by the way.

I liked the PSC bumper until I saw the red JK with the Bushwacker flat fenders...
They look really good together !!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	20110219-1Jeep12.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	139060

RR XHD with no winch for now. Running a RocDogFab Hawse Fairlead liscense bracket to complete the look (for now). When I get a winch, it will be synthetic, and IL requires a front plate. No point in giving the cops a reason to pull me over.

Not to hijack - but how do I get my pics to be bigger and not require a click?

Last edited by NormalJeep; 03-19-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Just ordered the winch though, next pic will have the Warn installed.

Quick Reply: Bumper without a Winch?