Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper wiring mod?

Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Bumper wiring mod?

Well my new front bumper should be here this week but the factory fog lights mount much wider in the bumper than the factory ones so I am assuming the wires will have to be cut and extended some how.....Have any of you had to do this and what is the best way to do it? I want to make sure everything is sealed and waterproof. Post pics of mod if you have them thanks.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just get you some of those butt connectors that has the waterproof heat shrink and small spool of wire. Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. will have what you need.

Oh, don't forget the wire loom to protect everything.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used silicon sealant (RTV works as well) around the butt connectors then wrapped them. Final touch is the 3/8 or smaller wire loom protector. Test the lights BEFORE sealing everything.

Quick Reply: Bumper wiring mod?