Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper and Wheel Question

Old 07-03-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper and Wheel Question

Bumper Question:
Does anyone know if the Rugged Ridge XHD modular bumper that doesnt have the sunken winch hole will take a winch?
Here's a link to the bumper..
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true

I want the bumper because I like the look and style but I dont want to buy a winch right now and dont want to stare at a giant hole in my bumper..

I really like the price on the XHD bumper, like that it has a place for my factory fog lights, but not sure if I want a winch.. I wont ever wheel by myself and people tell me they are more trouble than they are worth, just to use a strap and let someone pull me out.

Wheel Question :
Anyone know if the JK X will take 15" wheels?
I'm thinking about that 33" tire and wheel combo 4WP has for $879 but it's for 15" wheels. Also anyone have an opinion on the Pro Comp basic Mud Terrain tires? I drive 30 miles each way to work and dont want to have to buy tires in a year.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I'm looking at that bumper too and have similar thoughts about getting a winch. I think I'm going with the non-winch version and mount some 6" KC lights under the front bar. Not too concerned about having a winch and getting stuck somewhere when I'm out with others.
Sorry cant help ya with the wheel question.
Oh check out ebay for that bumper combo, there's some really cheap one's with free shipping.

Quick Reply: Bumper and Wheel Question