Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper weight????

Old 05-31-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper weight????

Anyone added a bumper and it lowered that back end of there jk at all? I was told once I finished the whole back bumper by LOD on my 4 door jk and everything is on with my 35 tire added my front end may stick up with rear lowered cause of weight. Never seen that happen. Have 4 inch lift and what to keep it that way.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes the weight will pull down the back end, just like my heave front bumper and winch pulled down my front. It depends on how much weight you have back there to know how bad it will sag, you can get spacer/ pucks to add to level your jeep out
Old 05-31-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

I did full LoD bumpers and sliders at the same time I put on a TF 2.5" coil lift. Lets just say the lift was a lot less than I anticipated and I blame that on the extra weight.

Yes, you'll notice a difference going from a plastic bumper you can swing with one hand to something made of metal.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After I put my new Rugged Ridge XHD steel bumpers on people said it actually made my Jeep look bigger. I think maybe because the stock bumpers were just so big, ugly and gawdy looking compared to my new high clearance bumpers. You can actually see stuff under the jeep now.

Quick Reply: Bumper weight????