Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper/Tire carrier

Old 12-22-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bumper/Tire carrier

I purchased a PureJeep bumper/tire carrier through northridge4x4. I wasn't going to wright anything do to some issue's I had none having to do with the product.

The bumper and carrier are top quality stuff I must say. Install was a breeze as well. Everything bolted right up. No issue's with anything. Some of the hardware I feel should have been grade 8 I thought. For example. The nuts and bolts they offer to bolt on the actual tire mount were kinda small IMO. I purchased grade 8 nuts and bolts for that only. The bolts they offer to fill in the holes in the bumper if you don't buy the d-ring shackle mounts rust quickly. No big deal. Paint will take care of that. Once everything was mounted and secure, not only worked perfect, I have ZERO rattles. No noise coming from any were. I read about folks having issue's with rattles and noise once the install is done. Not the case with this setup. The setup I purchased was PJ2003

Would I recommend this product, absolutely yes. One other thing. One of the T-handles did not make it into the box when it shipped. Dave talked to them and I had one in my hands within a couple day's. Not sure if it was Dave, or the guy's at PureJeep, maybe both. But I had a replacement part ASAP.

For all you folks having problems with noises and rattles with your NEW bumper/tire carrier, Had you purchased one from PureJeep... you would not have those problems.

thank you Dave (northridge4x4) and PureJeep for great product and service.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that write up. Can you post some pics? I would like to see your install. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

I have liked their product, how many miles do you have with the new bumper and have you done much wheelin with it installed? just curious cause I have yet to find a bumper/carrier combo that didnt end up making noise, just curious, thanks
Old 12-27-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the market for a bumper tire carrier so I would love to see some pics.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

You may feel short changed becuase your new bumber didnt come with rattles, but dont worry, you may get some later.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

For those of you that have bumper/tire carriers. Have you found the ones that mount to the bumper itself to be much quieter? I had a 91 bronco for a long time and the tire carrier needed new bushings every few months.

Quick Reply: Bumper/Tire carrier