Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper....so far....

Old 09-15-2007, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper....so far....

This is one of my projects i got going right now. I modeled it after shrockworks stubby. I got one end ground down smooth. I probably have a half day of clean-up work to do on it yet. Then i am going to have a shop add d-ring tabs and get a winch hoop bent. I also have to cut out the skid that will go with it, ala shrockworks skid.
I am not sure what direction i am going to go though, either integrate a winch and after market lights, or stock lights and do a top mount winch.
I am thinking of having Poject-JK.com or the PJ-JK logo plasma cut into the skid.

What do you guys think? What way do you think i shoud go with the winch option? I know there will be no powerplant mounted there, thats for sure

Constructive criticizm is welcomed.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
NOTE: THE PLASTIC SKID WILL NOT BE USED
Old 09-15-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks fine, what thickness of steel are you using? Why not be different and instead of having round tube bent by someone so it looks like everyone else's why don't you get some rectangular tubing and fab up your own grill guard? Just a thought...
Old 09-15-2007, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool Nice!!

I like it, a lot. What's the rest of the plan? Color? Finish? Winch mount? Grill guard? D-ring mounts or tow hooks?

You're doing nice work - and I agree, the air dam has got to go!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

1. D-rings
2. Black powder coat
3. Unsure on winch mounting, integrated or on top.
4. Grill guard
5. Skid plate w/ Project-jk.com or the logo cut into it.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good, I kinda dig the uncluttered look that you have going and I have to agree the plastic skid guard has got to go. That bumper would look good with no skid guard at all. If it was me Id go with built in lights and shackle mounts and winch mounted on top. The idea of a tube hoop sounds cool too. im dying to see it when you are done
Old 09-15-2007, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

i HOPE to have it done by next weekend.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Hey, how you doin'?

What do you think about mounting the fogs back in the bumper, then welding a couple of light tabs on the hoop for a couple of after market lights on top? Since you're not putting that washing machine of a winch up there, a top mount wouldn't be too top heavy looking.

I decided to put a receiver hitch up front so I'm going to have to top mount my winch for it all to work.

BTW I have a couple of bolt-on shackle mounts, hardware and backing plates if you're thinkin' of goin' that direction. PM me if you're curious.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by seer1
Hey, how you doin'?

What do you think about mounting the fogs back in the bumper, then welding a couple of light tabs on the hoop for a couple of after market lights on top? Since you're not putting that washing machine of a winch up there, a top mount wouldn't be too top heavy looking.

I decided to put a receiver hitch up front so I'm going to have to top mount my winch for it all to work.

BTW I have a couple of bolt-on shackle mounts, hardware and backing plates if you're thinkin' of goin' that direction. PM me if you're curious.
I will not be having more than 2 fog lights either way i go. I preffer the simple, not clutterd look.

I am going with weld on tabs that go through the face and get welded front and back.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

I like it, definitely integrate the winch. Much cleaner in my opinion, and takes advatage of the room in there.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah baby! Keep us updated with your progress. The best thing about making it yourself is you can get it exactly right. I have yet to see a production bumper I can fall in love with.

Quick Reply: Bumper....so far....