Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper opinions

Old 01-30-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper opinions

I am looking at the following bumpers. Any opinions? I would like to keep the factory fogs. Any others I should consider. Thanks.

Red Rock Fab Low Profile or Prerunner
LoD JK Signature Series Shorty
Shrockworks Jeep JK Front Winch Bumper - Mid Width
Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

If you order the Shrockworks, expect a long wait (12-16 weeks). But, I have one and it was worth every second of the wait. If you absolutely can't wait, check with Screamin' Lizard and see if they have one on hand.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

LoD is nice..looks like it keeps the factory fogs......I have the Warn....it keeps the factory fogs too....it is super strong...have hit some good rocks with it, no damage except to the finish.....

Old 01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

I loved my Warn bumper, but thats on on your list, so I would go with the LoD bumper. Check out WOL's JK its sick.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

You cannot go wrong with any of the bumpers mentioned. All are quality products. I prefer the bumpers that allow you to retain and reuse the factory fog lights. The decision is one of personal preference and what your needs are. I bought a Shrockworks mid with winch bumper and I love it, but be prepared to wait a few months after your order for it to arrive. Good things come to those who wait. Shrockworks is a vendor on this forum, call them or shoot them a PM through the vendor forum and see what their lead times are looking like.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Schrockworks I couldn't wait so I built my own version.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 02-01-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:38 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by magilla97
I am looking at the following bumpers. Any opinions? I would like to keep the factory fogs. Any others I should consider. Thanks.

Red Rock Fab Low Profile or Prerunner
LoD JK Signature Series Shorty
Shrockworks Jeep JK Front Winch Bumper - Mid Width
i have run both the lod and shrockworks bumpers and they both are first rate quality products. however, i have seen multiple red rock fab bumpers and the quality of them is subpar with sloppy welds (a few of which were questionable) and terrible finishing work.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i have run both the lod and shrockworks bumpers and they both are first rate quality products. however, i have seen multiple red rock fab bumpers and the quality of them is subpar with sloppy welds (a few of which were questionable) and terrible finishing work.
Blah Dow!!!!!! There you go. I like the LoD. They are sexy
Old 02-01-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey 07Rubisteve, I could barely see the bumper because of that awesome backdrop. I must be nice to be able to wheel in scenery like that. Oh yeah... the bumper is nice too.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bulldog Stubby is what I have and love them. Keeps the factory fog lights as well.
bulldogwinch.com/bumpers.html

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-01-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: please refrain from posting direct links to non-sponsors

Quick Reply: Bumper opinions