Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper installation ????????????

Old 01-29-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper installation ????????????

I just got my new bumper (SMITTYBILT XRC) and was wondering, can I reuse the factory fog light wiring for new fog lights. for example a set of kc daylights?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

You would have to check on the power requirments. I believe most people have had trouble using the factory wiring. But you should be ok if you don't go larger then the wattage of the factory fogs. And it's not the wiring size, rather it's the can bus system seeing to much power being pulled from the lights that makes the computer shut down that circuit.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

wow! I didn't think it would be that involved. I thought u just take the factory lights out and put the new ones on. If the new set of lights come with the wiring harness and everything should I use it.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

is it hard to install new lights and wiring?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its pretty easy and straight forward. Yamaha90 has a write up in the write up section. I had never wired lights before, used his write up, and had no issues.

Quick Reply: Bumper installation ????????????