Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper gap from Body lift?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper gap from Body lift?

I just ordered the M.O.R.E 1" BL, and i've seen some pictures and read some posts about the space that will be left between the bumpers and the frame after the lift is installed. I have an aftermarket bumper sitting in my garage and am waiting to put it on after I put the body lift on. How is this gap dealt with and is it expensive to fix?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1" Bodylift Rear Gap Elimination
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Will the BL effect the front bumper? If so, should I wait to put on my new aftermarket bumper post lift?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Eternal ***erator

yes, it makes more of a gap on the front, but honestly, i think it looks better with the body lift than before i did it. the grill doesnt look like it's hiding down behind the bumper any more.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks HC, one more thing....am I right about putting on the front aftermarket bumper after the BL is installed, or does it really matter?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Not that I've installed one but it looks to me like it would be easier to access your front body mounts without a bumper in the way.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Eternal ***erator

The bumper doesnt interfere with the installation of the body lift. Having it out of the way would give you more room to move around up there, but is in no way necesary.

I have a shrockworks stubby on mine, it was installed long before the body lift.

Front body mount:

It sets behind the bumper, so it's not hard to get to. whetether or not the bumper is in place. You need to pop the grille off to ge tto the top of the mount, all the access is really through there, and straight up from the bottom.

This writeup should help you answer a lot of little questions. M.O.R.E. 1" Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Body Lift Installation Write-Up

installing front body lift spacer:

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 01-05-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Bumper gap from Body lift?