Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper building?

Old 05-22-2007, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could I ask for one of your home fabbers to build a tubular brush guard for my LoD bumper? Something that bolts onto the existing flat surfaces at a slight foward angle?

If one of you is willing and able to do so I would gladly pay you for your time and efforts, and of course get you the measurements you would need.

LoD seems too busy catching up with orders to come out with their own.

I would be ever so appreciative
Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had my tube bar bent at muffler shop, probably not super strong, but good enough for me. Try a muffler shop. cost was $20.00.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey 2020 it turn out looking pretty good. Did you do anything under it for a skid plate?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes, made skid plate out of 3/16 flat plat and bolted it to the bumper and the brace that goes across the frame. Skid plate goes all the way across the bumper and back about 14". seems very solid. I welded tabs to the back of the bumper that are not visible and the skid plate is bolted to them. I had to weld nuts to the tabs, because its hard to get nuts on the bolts.
I will try to take more pics later.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smack2020
yes, made skid plate out of 3/16 flat plat and bolted it to the bumper and the brace that goes across the frame. Skid plate goes all the way across the bumper and back about 14". seems very solid. I welded tabs to the back of the bumper that are not visible and the skid plate is bolted to them. I had to weld nuts to the tabs, because its hard to get nuts on the bolts.
I will try to take more pics later.
Ya I would like to see more Pics. thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Major Ho
Could I ask for one of your home fabbers to build a tubular brush guard for my LoD bumper? Something that bolts onto the existing flat surfaces at a slight foward angle?

If one of you is willing and able to do so I would gladly pay you for your time and efforts, and of course get you the measurements you would need.

LoD seems too busy catching up with orders to come out with their own.

I would be ever so appreciative
[IMG][/IMG]

Don't know if this interest's you but I have the Lod bumper and parts to make one more of these (grill guard).
Old 05-22-2007, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

2020, great piece there! I am in the process of building aswell. What height is your face, the front piece, of the bumper? Mine is at 6" but i am not sure how i feel. Also, do you know at what angle your bend is the face aswell and how far does it run back?

Looks great, again!

Thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I went the channel route. I'm still planning on getting some d-rings, getting it powder coated, and possibly boxing the ends:

Lots more pics here.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks good. I've been thinking about doing the same thing. What size channle is that? 5" ? 6"?

Got any pics of the winch mount?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
That looks good. I've been thinking about doing the same thing. What size channle is that? 5" ? 6"?

Got any pics of the winch mount?
Pretty sure it's 6". The walls of the channel are sloped somewhat, so the inside dimension at the bottom of the channel is somewhat less -- maybe 5.5" -- but it fits really well since there's a natural slope to the mounting surface on top of the frame rails.

There are a bunch more pics here, and here's one of the back of the bumper showing the winch mount. It's a pretty simple design -- 1/4" plate welded to the edge of the channel, and those two little tabs are bolted to existing holes in the frame rails.

Quick Reply: Bumper building?