Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper Bars for OEM Front Bumper??

Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grill guards/light bars!

To all those who have been patiently waiting...Thank you! We received the grill guards/light bars back from coaters today and they are being packaged as I type.

I will have tracking numbers for everyone who have placed orders by tomorrow afternoon.

We will automatically be sending tracking numbers to everyone who gave me an email address but if you have not received this info by tomorrow night feel free to give me a call.

Here is a picture of a few of the bars laid out when they arrived!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Friendly Tip for MBRPInc (Bed Liner vs Powder Coat)

In an effort to provide manufacturers feedback on what may be helpful (to some).....

Lots of people just take these types of accessories in and have them covered with Line-X, Rhino, or other durable spray on bed liner. I don't know about the cost or any other complication that may cause. But I do know that when talking to some of the local Line-X shops they like to charge more when they are only going to do one piece. So, maybe you could have several done by a company (vs. powder coated) you would probably receive a better price per item and could offer a bed liner finish. Pass that savings onto your customers and provide a higher value product at the same time. Also, I have read of lots of complaints where powder coated items that are shipped get chipped/scratch. The bed liner would be less likely damage in shipping.

Just an Idea.
Feel free to criticize/educate me on why this is a bad idea.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've installed the MBRP bar from Steve and i'm impressed. The powdercoat is holding up well even after banging it with a wrench a few times while putting on the lights. I wouldn't try to push down any trees with it, but it's sturdy. Maybe saplings.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by MyRubi
In an effort to provide manufacturers feedback on what may be helpful (to some).....

Lots of people just take these types of accessories in and have them covered with Line-X, Rhino, or other durable spray on bed liner. I don't know about the cost or any other complication that may cause. But I do know that when talking to some of the local Line-X shops they like to charge more when they are only going to do one piece. So, maybe you could have several done by a company (vs. powder coated) you would probably receive a better price per item and could offer a bed liner finish. Pass that savings onto your customers and provide a higher value product at the same time. Also, I have read of lots of complaints where powder coated items that are shipped get chipped/scratch. The bed liner would be less likely damage in shipping.

Just an Idea.
Feel free to criticize/educate me on why this is a bad idea.
Thanks for the feedback.........

We actually did a few early parts in line X , it is a very tough product but really not priced right for these applications. it really threw the price way up on these bars. The real issue here for us is that we are now offering several different tubular products for the Jeeps, we have our roof rack system, rock rails, windshield light brackets etc, we need to finish to match on all our product for those who choose to add each of the MBRPinc products to their Jeep.

We have put much testing into our prototype pieces with this powder coat, it really stands up well to both the elements as well as some trail abuse so we really need to stick with what we have for now.

If there is anyone out there that really likes some of the bed liners out there and would like to get our components in raw metal Im sure we can get you hooked up with an uncoated MBRPInc product.

Hope this helps.

MB
Old 03-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by New-B
I've installed the MBRP bar from Steve and i'm impressed. The powdercoat is holding up well even after banging it with a wrench a few times while putting on the lights. I wouldn't try to push down any trees with it, but it's sturdy. Maybe saplings.

Thanks for the feedback, the bar looks great with your black wheels.

MB
Old 09-01-2016, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bone
Here are some pics. Yes, you had the right one in your picture. I don't have a front bumper cover on mine anymore. I removed it a while back. Knock off the crush cans and grind down the remaining welds and paint. The frame mounts will be exposed and you can use them to mount this.

Where did you get that bar??? I also took both the front and rear plastic bumpers off and have been searching all over the damn place for something like yours!!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just to add. I have the mbrp,. It has been on my Jeep for 190000. The p c. On the bar is done. No complaints. That's a lot of salt blast. I'm more than happy with my bar.

Quick Reply: Bumper Bars for OEM Front Bumper??