Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper Bars for OEM Front Bumper??

Old 02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bumper Bars for OEM Front Bumper??

Is there anything out there that is bolt on to the OEM bumper that looks like this except not as cheezy?

I just purchased this one (Real Wheels Pre-Runner Bar) from Quadratec and after it arrived and I saw how skinny the bar is (it is like 1.5" OD) I decided no F'ing way that's going on my Jeep. Back to QT it goes! It looked cheap and pathetic and my Jeep looks way better w/out it.

But I still want a bumper bar/hoop/stinger that can bolt on to the factory OEM bumper. Any ideas???

Old 02-13-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Look here: MBRP Grill Guard/Light Bar
Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

DING DING DING DING!!!! PERFECT!!! FOOOK-YEAH!

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for - it's a LOT more "manly" than the Real Wheels one too.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by IPvFletch; 02-13-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IPvFletch
Is there anything out there that is bolt on to the OEM bumper that looks like this except not as cheezy?

I just purchased this one (Real Wheels Pre-Runner Bar) from Quadratec and after it arrived and I saw how skinny the bar is (it is like 1.5" OD) I decided no F'ing way that's going on my Jeep. Back to QT it goes! It looked cheap and pathetic and my Jeep looks way better w/out it.

But I still want a bumper bar/hoop/stinger that can bolt on to the factory OEM bumper. Any ideas???

I just finished installing an Olympic front bumper bar on my stock bumper. However, I removed my plastic cover on the bumper a long time ago. Check Olympic's web site. Click on "front bumpers" and go to "front bumper bar". It's made to bolt to their front bumpers. Looks stingerish. I noticed that it would have to bolt to the frame mounts that are exposed on their bumpers and figured it should mount right to my exposed frame mounts on my stock bumper. It did and looks great. Sorry, no pics yet. I hope to have them on here tomorrow. It's 2" tubing (I think). I can see about 4 inches of it over my hood from the driver's seat, so it's obviously taller than most. I really like it. It has light mounts and hi-lift mounts already welded on. Since it bolts directly to the frame, it's actually very stout.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

any more?
i would like to see whats out there too. i want to keep my stock bumper... well most of it!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bone
I just finished installing an Olympic front bumper bar on my stock bumper. However, I removed my plastic cover on the bumper a long time ago. Check Olympic's web site. Click on "front bumpers" and go to "front bumper bar". It's made to bolt to their front bumpers. Looks stingerish. I noticed that it would have to bolt to the frame mounts that are exposed on their bumpers and figured it should mount right to my exposed frame mounts on my stock bumper. It did and looks great. Sorry, no pics yet. I hope to have them on here tomorrow. It's 2" tubing (I think). I can see about 4 inches of it over my hood from the driver's seat, so it's obviously taller than most. I really like it. It has light mounts and hi-lift mounts already welded on. Since it bolts directly to the frame, it's actually very stout.
I guess you're talking about this one?

I do like the way it looks. How does it mount to the front OEM bumper though? My frame mounts aren't exposed but instead are coverd by the bumper cover and possibly some kind of crush cans for bumper protection. Some pics would definitely help, so please post them when you can!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

And for reference, here is the one from MBRP..

This is my fave, BY FAR!!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IPvFletch
I guess you're talking about this one?

I do like the way it looks. How does it mount to the front OEM bumper though? My frame mounts aren't exposed but instead are coverd by the bumper cover and possibly some kind of crush cans for bumper protection. Some pics would definitely help, so please post them when you can!
Here are some pics. Yes, you had the right one in your picture. I don't have a front bumper cover on mine anymore. I removed it a while back. Knock off the crush cans and grind down the remaining welds and paint. The frame mounts will be exposed and you can use them to mount this.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

I like the concept of bone's front bumper. Does anyone have any idea if any of the pre-runner style bars will fit. I am not much on the stinger look but like the front like is on the rugged ridge. Keep the fog lights in the center and cut down the stock to stubby with the pre-runner.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be cutting mine down tomorro. My Saturday consists of stubbing my front bumper, spraying it with bed liner, and then spraying my grill.

Quick Reply: Bumper Bars for OEM Front Bumper??