Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Bumper?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Bumper?

Which bumper should I get, i have no idea what is a good one and what is not. I am a college student so I am on a budget. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Front Bumper

I have a Fab Four because I got a deal on it at Winter Fun Fest in Northern Ca. If I was to get another it would be LOD. Their shipping is a little slow but well worth the wait. They also have great customer service. I have their rear bumper W/tire carrier and rack. Good Luck
Old 07-28-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Swelly77
Which bumper should I get, i have no idea what is a good one and what is not. I am a college student so I am on a budget. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Suggest that your browse through a Quadratec or 4 Wheel Parts catalog and get some idea what you like. There are a variety of types of bumpers in a variety of price ranges. I rather guess that while you might like a Shrockworks appearance, the price would be daunting. Besides, you wouldn't find such custom bumper in either of those catalogs. There are also various widths, as well as tube bumpers (which tend to be pretty inexpensive, but somewhat out of favor these days). Anyway, get a general idea what you want, then ask for some more specific advice. It would also help if you have some idea whether you plan to upgrade your tires, because if so, the size you want will affect your decision on a rear bumper, and that may affect your front bumper decision (you probably would not want a tube bumper, for example).
Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this one:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=front+bumper

If you're on a budget that will determine a lot, but take a look and find ones you like the most. then search for that bumper on here and you'll surely find opinions on it. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are only about 100,1 different styles and designs for the JK. You need to boil it down to a stubbie, mid-width, or full width bumper. Also if it's tubular, winch mount, etc. Also how much you want to spend, $300 - $1500.

"which bumper is good for a wrangler" is almost an endless answer question.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

if you're on a super tight budget you can chop the ends off your stock, then pickup the Rough Country cap kit to clean the look. If you like the tubby look that is...
I just did this as cheap fix to take care of a good size dent on my passenger side after wheeling and wasn't ready to sink the $$ into an aftermarket quite just yet.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WhiskyPirate
if you're on a super tight budget you can chop the ends off your stock, then pickup the Rough Country cap kit to clean the look. If you like the tubby look that is...
I just did this as cheap fix to take care of a good size dent on my passenger side after wheeling and wasn't ready to sink the $$ into an aftermarket quite just yet.
even chopping it without those caps looks pretty cool. and its the cheapest of all after market bumpers.

if it was me i would save up for a while and get one you really like. thats what im doing, i like the new hanson stinger bumper. may be a while till i get it tthough

Quick Reply: Which Bumper?