Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bump stops needed for 37's

Old 02-26-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump stops needed for 37's

I have a pro comp 4" lift and 35's right now and I am running about 3" bump stops in the rear and just stock bumpstops in the front and I have no rubbing even at full flex....
That being said it is very close and I am 100% sure 37's will rub in the top of my fenders... I am not too keen on cutting the fenders as I need them to protect my body for the months that the roads are graveled when they are icey.
What bumpstops are people running with a 4" lift to clear the 37's under articulation?

Thanks

PS I know there is a show your 37s thread but feel free to pust up a pic or two
Old 02-26-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

i think your bumpstop lenght should equal the lift height, i.e. 4" lift = 4" bumpstops. right now you are running with stock bumpstops up front? you could damage your coils by overcompressing them, thats what the bumpstop extensions are for
Old 02-26-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by planman
With stock flares & no body lift, you need 4" extended bumpstops.

Or, you can buy Bushwacker or Xenon flat flares
Yeah i would love to get aftermarket flares but I need the full protection from gravel... I had to add the mopar mud flaps to the front flares just to save my paint and I need them to stay on there.. thats why I cant cut them either.
I am going to look into the 1.25" body lift to if I am having lots of rubbing problems.
Thanks Planman
Old 02-26-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

When I went to 37's I upgraded from the FT 3" lift to a Teraflex 4" that included their bump stops. Their bumpstops work well with no rubbing.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

yeah and I have flexed it right out to the max with no rubbing just home made bumpstops in the back.
it looks like it is rubbing but you can slip a credit card in there... so it is real close since this pic I have added a 1" spacer in the front so there is more room because I was having mud build up on the tire knowck the fender right off the clips
Old 02-26-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

I have no idea why that pic is sideway
Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default bump stops

I would also look closely at your shock lengths. if you are using long travel shocks, you will need extended bump stops even with 33"s just to prevent them from bottoming out.

Originally Posted by john smack
I have a pro comp 4" lift and 35's right now and I am running about 3" bump stops in the rear and just stock bumpstops in the front and I have no rubbing even at full flex....
That being said it is very close and I am 100% sure 37's will rub in the top of my fenders... I am not too keen on cutting the fenders as I need them to protect my body for the months that the roads are graveled when they are icey.
What bumpstops are people running with a 4" lift to clear the 37's under articulation?

Thanks

PS I know there is a show your 37s thread but feel free to pust up a pic or two
Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
bumpstop extensions are designed to prevent the over compression of your coils. the fact that they prevent rubbing of your fenders is just an added bonus. you should leave them in place.
did the procomp lift come with bumpstops?
Old 02-26-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ssunde1
did the procomp lift come with bumpstops?
I bought the lift used and the guy I bought it from was suppose to get them to me but never did..... Same thing with the brake line extentions

Quick Reply: Bump stops needed for 37's