Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bump stops

Old 06-25-2010, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bump stops

what bump stop is everyone running, im adding the 3.5 rock krawler x facter kit. does anyone have experice with the daystar evs bump stops?

thanks guys
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by willypapooh
what bump stop is everyone running, im adding the 3.5 rock krawler x facter kit. does anyone have experice with the daystar evs bump stops?

thanks guys

I'm running these on mine. They can really help smooth things when you hit dips/bumps at speed or when you have alot of weight in the JK.
http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...-3-4-lift.html

TeraFlex SpeedBumps have the following features: • JK Specific tuned for high speed performance • Simple installation - no welding required • Quiet movement & function (no pad-slap clunk) • Absorbs large impact energy progressively during compression to prevent bent axle tubes • Maintenance free, all-composite construction • Resistant to all types of conditions (mud, salt, sand, dust, etc.) • Compatible with all suspension systems that retain factory axle & spring mounting locations • High compression rate with full memory rebound • Engineered for maximum lifetime compression cycle • Unsurpassed dynamic performance • Maximum low temperature flexibility reduces fatigue & premature failure in subzero conditions • Limited lifetime Warranty • Made in the USA • Patent Pending technology

Last edited by TeraFlex; 06-25-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:14 AM
JK Freak

nobody is running bump stops?
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by willypapooh

thanks guys
most lift kits come with bumpstop extensions as they are needed to help prevent the over compression of your coils. does the rk kit not come with bump stop extensions? if not, a bump stop extension is a bump stop extension and you have lots of options available to you. the only thing i would recommend is that for the front, you get the kind that bolts up to your axle and not extend from the factory bump stop location.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I'm running these on mine.
X2. You'll still need extensions up front. Doesn't take that long to install if you don't count the time waiting for paint to dry.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
most lift kits come with bumpstop extensions as they are needed to help prevent the over compression of your coils. does the rk kit not come with bump stop extensions?
I think he's talking about the actual bump stop. Daystar EVS's go on the shock piston rod.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
most lift kits come with bumpstop extensions as they are needed to help prevent the over compression of your coils. does the rk kit not come with bump stop extensions? if not, a bump stop extension is a bump stop extension and you have lots of options available to you. the only thing i would recommend is that for the front, you get the kind that bolts up to your axle and not extend from the factory bump stop location.
Curious as to why you would recomend this, I have seen many of each type with very few problems with either? Is one more prone to breakage/failure than the other??
Old 06-26-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
I think he's talking about the actual bump stop. Daystar EVS's go on the shock piston rod.
Daystar does make extended EVS bumpstops that go in the stock location as well, they also have a progressive evs based can out now too.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

i am running the 3.5" kit also and i got the jks adjustable bump stops for the front.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=JKS-1100

and i got the teraflex rear lower bump stops

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1954700

I do still some minor rubbing in front and rear but its not anything i am worried about. I plan on getting rid of the stock flares some day soon.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

I'm running Old Man Emu bump stops front and rear.
Typical OME quality and fit, no problems. Tires stuff but don't rub.

Quick Reply: bump stops