Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bump stop question - need 'em or not

Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump stop question - need 'em or not

I've been looking at other posts regarding bump stop calculations and still am a bit confused as to if I need bumps stops or not, and if so, what size.

I am running 35's/4.5 backspacing, with a 1.5" BB. I have flat fenders and pro comp mx6 adjustable shocks. I believe I am still running stock coils.

I would appreciate any assistance....
Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Help? Anyone able to assist?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Hey man, unless you are doing some serious offroading where you are getting into full flex situations or bombing the desert at high speed where the suspension will bottom out with some force you dont really need them. Im sure others will disagree with me but in my line of work we see broken ones all the time... sometimes they break off and sometimes they rot off, in any case i never replace them and if they are just "hanging by a thread" we yank those suckers right off. Hope this helps
Old 06-06-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

You need to flex it and see if you rub. It's hard to say with out seeing it do you have a rubicon? Do you have disconnects for your sway bar ? Just twist it do it slow and have someone look to see if it rubs

Quick Reply: Bump stop question - need 'em or not