Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bump stop question

Old 04-20-2015, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bump stop question

I'm running a Rancho 2" lift which has a front coil spring and a rear spacer. After doing the research, I ordered the JKS rear 2" coil spring to replace the spacer set up for obvious reasons. My question is this, the Rancho kit came with an extended bump stop for the front, but not the rear. Now that I'm going to a full length rear coil, do I need a bump stop extension or am I all set with the stock one?
Old 04-20-2015, 01:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
I'm running a Rancho 2" lift which has a front coil spring and a rear spacer. After doing the research, I ordered the JKS rear 2" coil spring to replace the spacer set up for obvious reasons. My question is this, the Rancho kit came with an extended bump stop for the front, but not the rear. Now that I'm going to a full length rear coil, do I need a bump stop extension or am I all set with the stock one?

Did you change your tire size, fenders or shocks? If not odds are youll still want to stop your tires in the same spot.

Bumps are not based on lift height
Old 04-20-2015, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

The kit came with Rancho RS9000XL shocks +3" and I'm running 33x11 tires on stock wheels. Fenders are stock. I just want to make sure I won't over compress the spring.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
The kit came with Rancho RS9000XL shocks +3" and I'm running 33x11 tires on stock wheels. Fenders are stock. I just want to make sure I won't over compress the spring.
But thats exactly what you had on before adding the coils right? If so nothing that affects bumps has been changed and you will be fine. Youll still want to stop your tires in the same spot.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

10-4 and thanks

Quick Reply: Bump stop question