Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bump stop?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bump stop?

I'm running the TF 2.5 coil lift w the bump stop extensions. I added the xenon fenders. My question is do I need to keep the extensions in w the increased clearances from the fenders? Just trying to get the most out of what I have.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fenders are just one thing that the bump stops protect, also look at your shocks, if they bottom out before your stock bump stops hit you could blow the shocks out. You could take them off and then go some place where you could test out the suspension, see if anything else is going to rub or be damaged with the tire fully tucked in. If you look at my avatar, you can see me on "The Stump". A place were several of me and my friends test changes to our suspensions.

Last edited by smcastillo; 08-23-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the 9550 long travel tf shocks. As it sits now, I have about 4"s of available space at full flex..
Old 08-23-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if you have 4'' of compression left and say you have a 2.5'' bump stop extension then your shocks should be ok. But like I said earlier that doesn't mean your tire isn't going to hit something else. Best bet is to take the bump stops off and then hit some obstacles at very slow controlled speeds, stopping when you are at full flex and crawl around and look at everything to make sure you are going to rip something off when you are on the trail doing the real thing.

Quick Reply: bump stop?