Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bump-steer and SEVERE stability issues ON JKU

Old 10-23-2021, 09:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,686 Posts

AAA-Diver - Depending on how bad your wobble situation was, I would not be surprised if you had a little damage to your steering box. The fact you've had to adjust it and there was improvement leads me down that path too. I know there are some others that have adjusted before, but my thought in general is you really shouldn't have to adjust it, and if you're at the point of adjusting maybe thinking about replacing is in the near future. It sounds like you have no wobble issues currently, just this tracking situation. That reinforces my thought that your lower steering components/joints are ok and tracking things backwards leads you to the box again. That's just my guess at least.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Resharp001 - That sucks but kind of what I was thinking too. Any recommendations on a new box (new, refurbished, used, or aftermarket)? I mostly street drive but can do a light rock crawling, nothing too crazy.Thanks again for the advice.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Inner C's are weak on the factory axles, could be camber issues over time. You might play with the toe in. Unit bearings, warn control arm joints. Lots of stuff can cause what you are describing.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no complaints with my alignment numbers maybe you can get your shop to set your rig the same way.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,686 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010jksaha
I have no complaints with my alignment numbers maybe you can get your shop to set your rig the same way.
Gosh, 6.4° caster is a lot on a factory axle that only has 6° built in.

Quick Reply: Bump-steer and SEVERE stability issues ON JKU