Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bully dog vs. Superpaq tuner

Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bully dog vs. Superpaq tuner

I was talkin with a guy from my local shop about some stuff since I'm brand new to the Jeep world(and addicted might I add!) he suggested the bully dog tuner over the Superpaq. He pointed out that you can engage and disengage the lockers and swaybar from the unit and blah blah blah. Since I don't have a rubicon would it even be beneficial to spend the extra money on the bully dog? I've read SO many threads about the Superpaq but haven't ran across anybody with the bully dog. Any suggestions?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doubledjk10
I was talkin with a guy from my local shop about some stuff since I'm brand new to the Jeep world(and addicted might I add!) he suggested the bully dog tuner over the Superpaq. He pointed out that you can engage and disengage the lockers and swaybar from the unit and blah blah blah. Since I don't have a rubicon would it even be beneficial to spend the extra money on the bully dog? I've read SO many threads about the Superpaq but haven't ran across anybody with the bully dog. Any suggestions?

There are some threads describing both in detail. I chose the Bully Dog because of the monitoring display, which is very good for keeping an eye on several parameters.
I usually keep voltage, temperature (coolant and trans) and IPW. However, you can change them as desired.
Sincerely, I did not see a huge improvement on performance or fuel economy. However, it is a good accessory for general monitoring.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick

There are some threads describing both in detail. I chose the Bully Dog because of the monitoring display, which is very good for keeping an eye on several parameters.
I usually keep voltage, temperature (coolant and trans) and IPW. However, you can change them as desired.
Sincerely, I did not see a huge improvement on performance or fuel economy. However, it is a good accessory for general monitoring.
The Superchips Vivid does this as well. You can monitor everything, and it does it via Bluetooth so no wires. It gives a nice increase in performance as well
Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

The Superchips Vivid does this as well. You can monitor everything, and it does it via Bluetooth so no wires. It gives a nice increase in performance as well

Yup. That's a cool device but you have to buy the Archos media player. I tried the option of using my tablet and just get the BT dongle but it did not work. Meaning the screens did not scale to a 7in size and were all messed-up.

I already use my 7in tablet to display topo maps for off-road rides as well as other stuff like inclinometers, etc. So, not worth buying another device.

But for who does not have one it could be a nice option. But, based on the threads I read, I do not expect miracles.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

My super chips flashpack you can monitor all this stuff with it ??

Quick Reply: Bully dog vs. Superpaq tuner