Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: BUILT D30 AND 37S OR 35S
Build the d30 and run 37s
42.11%
Build the d30 and run 35s
26.32%
Save for a prorock 44
26.32%
Buy the mopar 44 and build it
5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Built d30 and 37s

Old 05-16-2011, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted -

I have been running 37's on a D30 for nearly two years with no problems. I installed 5.13 gears roughly 4 weeks ago, and 2 weeks after that while I was in Moab, I busted my front left axle and u-joint. The right side u-joint is busted as well. I am also VERY ginger on the gas and never hop my tires.

I was considering upgrading and beefing up my D30, but I know it's gonna happen again if I wheel.

I ordered my Prorock 44 today... Now I can drive with confidence without the thought of my shafts, u-joints, or housings exploding.

Yes it's a lot of money, but I can crawl stress-free now. Just my
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KiokenJK
i have a d30 with evo sleeves/gussets and a aussie. just ordered my 37's, im sure ill be ok. i dont wheel as hard as others plus im gentle on the pedal since i dont wanna break
Same here keep me posted and let me no how it works out for you. Are you running 5.13s in the d30 how are you liking them?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jesse0376
You should start a new thread and see what people are running with their dana 30 I would also like to see what people have to say
That would be a good thread id like to see the results as well.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepairforce
I have been running 37's on a D30 for nearly two years with no problems. I installed 5.13 gears roughly 4 weeks ago, and 2 weeks after that while I was in Moab, I busted my front left axle and u-joint. The right side u-joint is busted as well. I am also VERY ginger on the gas and never hop my tires.

I was considering upgrading and beefing up my D30, but I know it's gonna happen again if I wheel.

I ordered my Prorock 44 today... Now I can drive with confidence without the thought of my shafts, u-joints, or housings exploding.

Yes it's a lot of money, but I can crawl stress-free now. Just my
How did you bust your axcel? Is your d30 locked? And 2 years is plenty of time for me to save up for a prorock if I could get the d30 to last that long. Right now though $5000 is a lot to fork out for a axcel.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

I have a been running 37's on a D3O for a about a year now. 5.13's, gussets, sleeves, open. I do moderate off-roading, mostly Butcher Jones for those familiar. I spent a couple of days in Moab for Easter and hit some trails. Made it home with no issues. If I ever bust the D30, no big deal. If I ever bust a PR44......not pleased.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

I feel the same way I can have my whole drive line upgraded for the price of a prorock 44 don't get me wrong I would love to have one its just not in the budget right now.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vinson Clark
How did you bust your axcel? Is your d30 locked? And 2 years is plenty of time for me to save up for a prorock if I could get the d30 to last that long. Right now though $5000 is a lot to fork out for a axcel.
Front is open. We were crawling over a SMALL boulder and KABLAMO. We were even driving straight, no turn in the wheels.

She has seen A LOT of abuse though. This was our 10th or so trip to Moab and we typically do 3+ trails and the occasional 4. I got my money out of her. Housing is just fine though... Only the axles.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

If there are no hard core trails around you, why are you wanting 37's just for the look?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepairforce
Front is open. We were crawling over a SMALL boulder and KABLAMO. We were even driving straight, no turn in the wheels.

She has seen A LOT of abuse though. This was our 10th or so trip to Moab and we typically do 3+ trails and the occasional 4. I got my money out of her. Housing is just fine though... Only the axles.
Wow you done all this running the stock shafts? That's pretty impressive how does it perform with the 37s and the front being open like that?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nortski3
If there are no hard core trails around you, why are you wanting 37's just for the look?
Im talking about hardcore rock trails in my area I have a lot of creek bottoms mud clay wooded trails and alot of gullys and hills. And I do enjoy the extra ground clearance and look of 37s

Quick Reply: Built d30 and 37s