Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Building a ultra reliable JK on 37's

Old 06-30-2016, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
According to the O'rielly's employee who felt the need to argue, 37" tires cause less wear on things such as (in my case) front hub assemblies. His reasoning was the fact that 37" tires turn slower than the smaller OEM size.
Just stating what the "pros" told me.....
Wow.

That did remind me though of a post that I saw on a local forum a while back.
I'd also be thinking about driveline maintenance.

It's always fun to see the numbers.(if my math is correct)
Driveline revs in 60k miles with 5.38 gears and:
33's = 16,440,554
35's =15,501,093
37's =14,663,197
40's =13,563,456
I've been trying to convince my wife I need 40's to save on driveshaft maintenance, but she hasn't bitten yet.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got almost 30,000 on my setup. 2014 Rubicon with AEV 4.5 on Nitto 37's. Drive it every day. Occasional off road trips. Not a problem. Love it

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3503862221.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	831.1 KB
ID:	651194
Old 06-30-2016, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Actually, there seems to have been a period where the Synergy Balljoints were having very rapid failure and it was captured on multiple forums by multiple end users. I don't think that the issue is still current, but it was there. I just bought my Synergy Balljoints and have hopes that any of the legacy issues are taken care of. But if not, it's not a big deal because I'll just make Chuck The Ripper change mine in under 2 hours for nothing but a case of cheep beer!
Haha I'll do anything for some cheap beer! Just make sure to throw em in the freezer a day before and they are cake to press in!
Old 06-30-2016, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Wow thanks for all the advice guys! I certainly don't mind doing a little maintenance here and there, as long as it doesn't put me in the poor house ( the accessories are already doing that! ). I just put on the rear portion of my BB ( HEY I know what that is now!! ). It was kind of a moto actually. I didn't have any grease and getting those spacers to lock into the body was like trying to squeeze my stomach into a spandex shirt! I'm hoping the front will be easier tomorrow. But hey, no clearance with the factory wheels like the box said their would be, so that's a plus! Still waiting on Fed ex to deliver my exhaust, but while I was putting on the rear lift, I got my tail light guards and grab handles. Sure wish I could figure out how to post a pic..
Old 06-30-2016, 11:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
This is a joke right. The orielly comment started a let post bs comments trend
Not a joke at all. I had a stock BJ in way better shape after 50K miles than a Synergy after maybe 25K miles or less. The Synergy was so bad I had a ton of wheel play.

Maybe it was a past issue, but I wouldn't trust them again.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Could overpay for dynatrac also.

I'm willing to bet most people with issues with Synergy these days don't perform proper maintenance on them either. It's funny more people recommend them then don't. More people don't have issues with them then don't.
IMHO most of these parts that requires you to perform continuous maintenance on them, so it can maintain its reliability isn't a very well designed part and saying it does is just an excuse by people justifying they made a smart purchase decision and an excuse for the manufacturer to explain why their part failed by placing the blame on the customer. "The part failed because you didn't maintain it at regular 500 mile intervals." B.S. your part failed because you did a shitty job designing it which required it to be checked and maintained every 500 miles. My stock ball joints didn't need me to crawl under my JK to properly maintain them and Jeep provided me a Warranty if they failed. YMMV.

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-01-2016 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rednroll
IMHO most of these parts that requires you to perform continuous maintenance on them, so it can maintain its reliability isn't a very well designed part and saying it does is just an excuse by people justifying they made a smart purchase decision and an excuse for the manufacturer to explain why their part failed by placing the blame on the customer. "The part failed because you didn't maintain it at regular 500 mile intervals." B.S. your part failed because you did a shitty job designing it which required it to be checked and maintained every 500 miles. My stock ball joints didn't need me to crawl under my JK to properly maintain them and Jeep provided me a Warranty if they failed. YMMV.
Where's the like button? Lol... I'm still looking at the Synergy balls... if they fail, they'll be looking at mine!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Haha I'll do anything for some cheap beer! Just make sure to throw em in the freezer a day before and they are cake to press in!
Frozen beer? I have a lot of beer for you if you want to work in CA... not far from "The" Rubicon Trail!!! Lift, Sleeve and Gusset, Truss, Regear... all on my list.

to the OP: I think the Artec Truss requires a decent sized lift so if you are trying to go 37's with just fenders and a small lift, you might research the clearance needed for the truss.

Edit: I can't speel.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Your entitled to believe what you want. Basically your saying that nearly every joint on aftermarket control arms and other components are crap or poor design. Hmmmmm. Try again. My stock ball joints were shot after 50k with 33s. My synergy were damn near just as good as they say I put them on at 100k and 35s. All I did was check them and put a squirt of grease in them if needed about every oil change. Not too hard. I guess every engine is poorly designed also since they require regular maintenance.

What's bs is claiming people who defend a part so they can make themselves feel good about a purchase.

To the OP I'm giving my opinion based on actual experience and extensive research. When a product has 3-5x positive reviews and recommendations then negative, I'm inclined to believe the evidence and my own experience.

Last edited by DunnyBunny; 07-01-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

I bought my Synergy joints when they first came out. I give them maybe 5-10k more. My left lower is already sloppy, right getting there.
Maybe 10k with little hard use .. Only greased using Synergy's brand every 3K

Im going Rare Parts next time around.

Quick Reply: Building a ultra reliable JK on 37's