Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Building a ultra reliable JK on 37's

Old 06-30-2016, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
According to the O'rielly's employee who felt the need to argue, 37" tires cause less wear on things such as (in my case) front hub assemblies. His reasoning was the fact that 37" tires turn slower than the smaller OEM size.
Just stating what the "pros" told me.....
Was that an automatic or manual transmission though?
Old 06-30-2016, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to the O'rielly's employee who felt the need to argue, 37" tires cause less wear on things such as (in my case) front hub assemblies. His reasoning was the fact that 37" tires turn slower than the smaller OEM size.
Just stating what the "pros" told me.....
Not that right there is stupid. Tell him to drag some sandpaper across a mirror hardly touching it and move it quickly. Then push real hard and drag it slowly. Which causes more damage, lmao
Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 jk 6 speed with 100k miles. Running 37 Nitto mud graps. It's also my daily haha. I have a 4.5 aev lift kit. Never really had any problems with it. Engine is still running strong. You might want to look into beefing up your axles a bit. I got a 4.88 re gear so I'm now able to keep up with highway traffic. I put roughy 850+ miles a month on my jeep. Lots of daily traveling.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

According to the O'rielly's employee who felt the need to argue, 37" tires cause less wear on things such as (in my case) front hub assemblies. His reasoning was the fact that 37" tires turn slower than the smaller OEM size. Just stating what the "pros" told me.....
Full of fail lol
Old 06-30-2016, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubiBus
Likely the first thing you'll replace is the shitty OEM ball joints. They are non-serviceable and sport nylon inserts that wear out quite fast. So expect to spend at least $250 on Syngery ball joints that are at least greasble and have metal inserts.
OEM ball joints are way better than those junk Synergy ones. Don't waste your money on them like I did, unless you like them to wear out after a year or even less.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheTerminator
OEM ball joints are way better than those junk Synergy ones. Don't waste your money on them like I did, unless you like them to wear out after a year or even less.
This is a joke right. The orielly comment started a let post bs comments trend
Old 06-30-2016, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
This is a joke right. The orielly comment started a let post bs comments trend
Actually, there seems to have been a period where the Synergy Balljoints were having very rapid failure and it was captured on multiple forums by multiple end users. I don't think that the issue is still current, but it was there.

I just bought my Synergy Balljoints and have hopes that any of the legacy issues are taken care of. But if not, it's not a big deal because I'll just make Chuck The Ripper change mine in under 2 hours for nothing but a case of cheep beer!
Old 06-30-2016, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by larry0071
Actually, there seems to have been a period where the Synergy Balljoints were having very rapid failure and it was captured on multiple forums by multiple end users. I don't think that the issue is still current, but it was there. I just bought my Synergy Balljoints and have hopes that any of the legacy issues are taken care of. But if not, it's not a big deal because I'll just make Chuck The Ripper change mine in under 2 hours for nothing but a case of cheep beer!
I'm aware of the past issue. Key word being past. As with any company, they all go thru or will go thru some kind of QC issue.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

Could overpay for dynatrac also.

I'm willing to bet most people with issues with Synergy these days don't perform proper maintenance on them either. It's funny more people recommend them then don't. More people don't have issues with them then don't.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

You want reliable, you want duce and a half axles. Promice you won't break those on 37s. You may not get over rocks, but who cares... thats just a detail.

Quick Reply: Building a ultra reliable JK on 37's