Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Building Storage Box, what would you want yours to have? Give Input.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
I've been waiting for one that is narrower and hug's the wasted wheel well space. I don't care if it on the left or right side but right side would making wiring to the battery easier.

I might just have to build my own at this point as everything I've seen is creating sucha large box that it covers the whole rear on the 4 door. I want the ability to fold down the rear seats.
Don't the seats fold to the front?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NDynamite
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

You could do something like this of course you would have to scale it down. And take it in and out as you need it. Just do a search on the net for fire command cabinet and lots of ideas to pick from. let me know if you need more help on the subject.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Fire
You could do something like this of course you would have to scale it down. And take it in and out as you need it. Just do a search on the net for fire command cabinet and lots of ideas to pick from. let me know if you need more help on the subject.

Thanks for the info, I checked out the stuff online and it is high quality stuff. I wonder how much those things weigh??
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well we have this type of set up in our command vehicles, But they are Excursions and Tahoes so they are about 100#'s to 140#'s or so maybe alittle more. They are made of MDF they should be lighter if you make it smaller. It does take two of us to put it in w/o the equipment in it. As far as bolting it down they use the factory bolts in the rear '' Luggage tie downs ".
Old 07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
You seemed a little impatient and I guess you just wanted to use that no pics comment! Now you've had your moment. Do you have any actual imput to the thread?
Not a bit! Thanks for asking!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Fire

That is pretty cool! Might be worth investigating.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default my 2 cents

saw this in the back of a guys truck ad thought do they make it smaller and the do just haven't got a chance to measure the bed of a jk but its an inexpensive start

lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=195894-76354-195894

just add the www.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NDynamite
Don't get your panties in a bunch. I was just asking for pics WHEN you're done. Chill out.
fight ,fight,fight.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by seer1
Don't the seats fold to the front?
Sorry about that, I meant I'd like to fold them down and then be able to stuff something from back to front. I often carry stuff from Home depot in the back of the JK and fold the seats down to augment the needed space.

Quick Reply: Building Storage Box, what would you want yours to have? Give Input.