Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Building corner armor, what lights to use?

Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building corner armor, what lights to use?

I recently smashed my passenger tail light assembly and when it happened it pushed the rear corner in quite a bit, so myself and a friend are building a set of corner armor for my 2door.

This is what brings me to the question. For those who have changed their set up and are now running and led that is set into the body, what are you running? Does it contain a brake light/turn signal and reverse light all in one?

Any photos of you set up is greatly appreciated. Thank you for you time and hope someone can chime in.

I will post another thread when we begin building them. Picking up steel tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Look at what Poison Spyder, Off Road Evolution, River Raider, Rampage, and OR-Fab have done with their corners and light options.

I haven't done corners yet, other than the AEV ones. Don't know if I'll just add to the AEV or buy a set of corners.

The JK tub isn't strait around the corners. So, you either need to build off something stamped, like the AEV, or form a cap to cover the gap created when building your own, like the EVO.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

I just picked up a set if poison spider crusher corners today. They offer three options: no cut outs, 1 or 2. You can get Led lights that act as running, brake and blinker but not back up. That's where the 2nd cut out comes in.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boyerracing343
I recently smashed my passenger tail light assembly and when it happened it pushed the rear corner in quite a bit, so myself and a friend are building a set of corner armor for my 2door.

This is what brings me to the question. For those who have changed their set up and are now running and led that is set into the body, what are you running? Does it contain a brake light/turn signal and reverse light all in one?

Any photos of you set up is greatly appreciated. Thank you for you time and hope someone can chime in.

I will post another thread when we begin building them. Picking up steel tomorrow.
I ran the lite dots with the river raider corners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Optronics make good lights, truck lites as well...
Old 11-09-2013, 05:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Go to farm & fleet or find a midway truck parts they will have led lights with brake and turn. I picked up my 4" round clear lens lights at midway truck in Champaign. Midway can order anything you want.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1134.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	510454  

Last edited by TheDirtman; 11-09-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by matprovo
I just picked up a set if poison spider crusher corners today. They offer three options: no cut outs, 1 or 2. You can get Led lights that act as running, brake and blinker but not back up. That's where the 2nd cut out comes in.
Here is the single hole style, I ran my backup lights in the bumper. The two hole style there is a second smaller hole that is below the hole for the brake light.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1016241.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	510455

Name:	P1016240.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	510456

Name:	P1016238.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	510457

Name:	image-1404810121.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	510458

Quick Reply: Building corner armor, what lights to use?