Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

build suggestions needed

Old 01-02-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Start with tires, get a decent A/T tire and go from there. Having a good set of tires will help you GREATLY while on the trail. Having a winch is always a good thing, along with undercarriage protection. They are pretty well armored right off the lot, so you could always look into diff covers and maybe an oil pan skid.The OEM covers are junk and very fragile.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would fix the front axle. They are a known weakness. It doesnt matter what else you do if you bend the front axle your up the creek . Tubes and truss it. I've been reading about slide in tubes that can save you some money.

I have a 2012 and bought it 2 weeks ago. I have an appointment this week to get it done.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As mentioned, there are so many different places to start a build. Given your info, research as much as possible. Hit the trail a few times and see what you like/don't like.

I would recommend following your thoughts for a stubby bumper and winch. Skid a few things and gusset the Cs. Good luck and Congrats on school.

Quick Reply: build suggestions needed