Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Build planning question

Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Inspired
Yes, no, kinda, and of course they do.
I'm just a little curious on the reasoning since you bash wheel spacers all the time on different threads. Sure there may have been a few times here where people may have had issues, but it was usually user error not torquing and rechecking the torque on the spacers (necessary part of running spacers safely, hence why i chose to just buy 15's and not worry about it). But if you buy quality spacers and install them properly, and check the torque every time you you rotate the tires, there is no problem with them.

As for your issue with a 12.5" tire on 7.5" wheel.....
Old 08-08-2013, 03:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Beloved's safety is too important to be one of those few. They were checked and tightened using a torque wrench (95) every Dino oil change..., and why am I trying to justify myself to a.... I've listened to the folks who have designed and serviced the JK and have made decisions accordingly. I'm out.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Beloved's safety is too important to be one of those few. They were checked and tightened using a torque wrench (95) every Dino oil change..., and why am I trying to justify myself to a.... I've listened to the folks who have designed and serviced the JK and have made decisions accordingly. I'm out.
To each their own man . I was just curious if you had a particular incident, that's all.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the setup I ran on a budget for a couple of years and it worked great. 2.5 inch rough country puck lift with the shock extensions, cut factory fender flares and ran a set of fierce attitude 35" tires on black steel wheels. I was told this is the old mold for the duratrac. All said and done I spent a hair over $1500. Didn't do the spare at the same time did it a couple months later.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The only reason I'm not running spacers now is because I found a wheel I liked with the proper back spacing. As for shops that won't work on it that's just a shop not wanting to deal with them because they have policies. Find a good 4x4 shop and they will install them and maintain them for you no questions asked. 4x4 shops deal with wheel spacers on a daily basis.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Get wheels with better offset and BS for wider tires and keep COG low for better stability.
Many people like the look of the stock wheels, and spacers are the only option to use them with bigger tires. Agree on keeping the COG low...

Quick Reply: Build planning question