Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Build plan

Old 10-08-2012, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build plan

Hey guys I just wanted to get some opinions on my build plan for my 2012 2 door. I've been starting to piece together different suspension components and wanted to hear some feedback from the professionals haha. I have a 3 inch BDS lift, ordered a jks front and rear adjustable track bar. Going to get the evo draglinj flip kit, c gussets and nitro sleeves, 4.56 gears and eventually adjustable control arms...does this seem like a good plan? Oh yeah gonna run 35s
Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Mainly on-road driving with occasional offroad
Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

Sounds like you have some quality parts picked out. One thing with the nitro sleeves is put them in the freezer at least 3 days prior to install, really helped with the install on the 3 jeeps we did. Also make sure to clean your axle tubes really well before hand. These things are tight and any debris will make it ten times harder. We also welded the ends of the sleeves to the axle tube just to make sure they would not move. We also did the gussets so if you have any questions just ask.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Thanks! Yeah I read that they should be frozen before hand to help with the install and I watched the video on YouTube, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything I want my suspension to be solid, I don't wanna half ass it ya know
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

For sure. I know what you mean. I don't have any experience with BDS but have heard really good things about them. I would also check out Rock Krawler and Teraflex. They are very active in the forum and a lot of people on here run their stuff. I will be going with the RK 2.5 max travel for my JKU when I lift it.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mstrofpuppets
For sure. I know what you mean. I don't have any experience with BDS but have heard really good things about them. I would also check out Rock Krawler and Teraflex. They are very active in the forum and a lot of people on here run their stuff. I will be going with the RK 2.5 max travel for my JKU when I lift it.
Thanks for the mention.

Cam36 feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Thanks for the mention.

Cam36 feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you! I do hve a question, I just installed the front adjustable track bar, now I'm going to order the rear as well, should I get a bracket too? And I've read that a frame mounted one is better than axle mounted but I was looking around and I don't think I saw any unless I'm confusing the two haha

Last edited by Cam36; 10-12-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Build plan