Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Build 1 tons? Or buy dana ultimate 60s?

Old 10-03-2016, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build 1 tons? Or buy dana ultimate 60s?

Someone with knowledge please chime in. Is it worth it paying to have some 1 tons built or would you just by some Dana ultimate 60s? Thanks!
Old 10-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor

I'm a huge fan of the UD60s. I have them in my JK and we have been part of many builds using these axles. They are the absolute best bang for the buck available when it comes to full float Dana 60s.

If you do 100% of of the work involved in setting a 60/14 bolt or Super Duty axles up you will come out a bit cheaper than buying the UD60s, but you'll be within range close enough that the time and sweat equity might not be worth it. When I started my build I was going to build Super Duty axles and decided to scrap the project and purchase a set of these instead when they came out. I have no regrets. Everything works as it should and was completely plug and play. There are no work arounds on these axles for your electronics to operate as intended.

Here is my build thread if you want to check it out. I had to modify mine due to a three link long arm, but they will bolt into a standard four link style suspension including Teraflex, Synergy, or EVO long arms.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-g...-build-293351/

If you need pricing or have questions please reach out to me. I'm at 832-526-2415 and can get you set up with everything you need to make this as painless as possible.

We have a package deal on these that includes Adams 1350 shafts and the Crown custom brake lines for $12,500 shipped.

http://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Ulti...-p/ud60pkg.htm

Marcus
Old 10-03-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad
I'm a huge fan of the UD60s. I have them in my JK and we have been part of many builds using these axles. They are the absolute best bang for the buck available when it comes to full float Dana 60s. If you do 100% of of the work involved in setting a 60/14 bolt or Super Duty axles up you will come out a bit cheaper than buying the UD60s, but you'll be within range close enough that the time and sweat equity might not be worth it. When I started my build I was going to build Super Duty axles and decided to scrap the project and purchase a set of these instead when they came out. I have no regrets. Everything works as it should and was completely plug and play. There are no work arounds on these axles for your electronics to operate as intended. Here is my build thread if you want to check it out. I had to modify mine due to a three link long arm, but they will bolt into a standard four link style suspension including Teraflex, Synergy, or EVO long arms. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-g...-build-293351/ If you need pricing or have questions please reach out to me. I'm at 832-526-2415 and can get you set up with everything you need to make this as painless as possible. We have a package deal on these that includes Adams 1350 shafts and the Crown custom brake lines for $12,500 shipped. http://www.rivercityoffroad.com/Ulti...-p/ud60pkg.htm Marcus

Thank you Marcus I will look at your thread. I suppose I should have added that I would be paying to have them built. I am not weld savvy or anything like that. I can install and take axles apart but that's as far as it goes for now. Thank you for your answer!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Thank you Marcus I will look at your thread. I suppose I should have added that I would be paying to have them built. I am not weld savvy or anything like that. I can install and take axles apart but that's as far as it goes for now. Thank you for your answer!
No problem! I think you'll come in at or above the cost of the UD60s depending on what you have built and what their labor rate is.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the UD60s as well but also call up Fusion 4x4 and ask about their prices for building tons. They have lots of options and great prices.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys compared to the rubicon's how much wider are ultimate 60s thanks and thank you for all the replies helping me out a lot
Old 10-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Guys compared to the rubicon's how much wider are ultimate 60s thanks and thank you for all the replies helping me out a lot
Rubicon axles are 65" and UD60s are 69" front and rear.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And if you plan to run 40s, you definitely want that extra width.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great thank you guys all for the answers! I think I have enough info now to make a decision shortly! Have a good day!
Old 10-04-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Buy the 60s form RCO. I went the JY Axle route on mine and all said and done It cost damn near as much!

Quick Reply: Build 1 tons? Or buy dana ultimate 60s?