Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget Lift

Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darkjk
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to run 35s with out breaking the bank, and making my rig too tall. I still thinking of the longer coils. But if I were to get just the longer coils, would I need to get longer shocks or could I keep my stock ones. I've so seen some super lift shocks that are for 0-2" of lift. Which would be better?
We have a 2010 JK and bought 35" tires for it and put on a budget boost kit. Readdylift 3" up front spacers and 2" spacers out back. Came with shock extensions front and rear and track bar bracket. The JK was order from the factory with Rubi shocks, so we didn't get aftermarket. We ran it through Moab and up here in BC on our trails and it performed great. To be honest we could keep up to guys who spent $2-3gs on a 2" lift and you wouldn't know the difference. There was no difference off road, maybe on road the ride might be slightly different but it wasn't worth $2g's to us. To some who have lots of money sure, but to lots of people who can't afford it a BB does the job just as effective as a full lift kit. People will say the shocks limit your droop, or the spring sag, limit this and that etc etc, but it's barely noticed when your off roading. Clearance is clearance and that doesn't change.

The nice thing is if you're just getting into 4x4ing you can get the BB kit and then sell the kit afterwards for close to your purchase price if you decide to move up to a 3 or 4" kit. We ran the budget boost for almost a year before I installed the 4" kit which ended up getting 5" of lift. But now at 5" I have to change everything around which isn't a problem, but that's why I waited to gather $$ and info to build stuff or buy stuff I really want.

Some people knock BB kits and maybe it's because they've spent $2-3g on a lift and they know a guy with a $200 lift can do just as well as they do off road. Some complain about the handling and ride, but at the end of the day it's still a lifted solid axle 4x4. You honestly can't expect luxury which some people do. That being said it's personal preference and cost.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by catahoula

Is it a coil lift?
Yes, it's coils and shocks

http://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-...k-perf678.html

Quick Reply: Budget Lift