Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget Lift

Old 02-20-2013, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hypeiv
Budget boosts are really underrated IMHO... I think many people on the forum want to validate their more expensive purchase by putting them down but I have seen people wheel budget boosts no problem.

If you only want 33 I would get a leveling kit. If you keep you stock shocks that will limit your down travel so you won't need to replace your front driveshaft. You can go pucks or new coils. Coils will give you a slightly better ride but there is nothing wrong pucks.

If you want to go with 35 s that's when I would look into the 2.5 kit. There is a guy in my local jeep club that ran the rc budget boost with 35s for years and had no problems. The nice thing about all these kits is if you decide in a few months you don't like it, you can easily sell them for 70-80% of what you paid for it if you ever decide to upgrade.
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to run 35s with out breaking the bank, and making my rig too tall. I still thinking of the longer coils. But if I were to get just the longer coils, would I need to get longer shocks or could I keep my stock ones. I've so seen some super lift shocks that are for 0-2" of lift. Which would be better?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with hypeiv. There is nothing wrong with BB's or leveling puck kits. It does not change your ride, very inexpensive for the budget minded. There is a member on here selling his used and looks complete set for around $250. I bought a used Teraflex leveling kit for $100 practically brand new and will be adding to my 18/59's springs. I am also running Rubi shocks and take offs with wheelk spacers. Gained about 1.5 - 1.75" of lift in front and around 1" in back. Very happy with the results so far...and expense. You could probably run this set up with correct backspacing of wheels or use spacers as well. You might need some flare trimming at full flex...not sure. Others will chime in. I have a 2 dr by the way. There are guys wheeling and have some major flex with puck lifts. It's all in what you want and do. I run mainly logging and forestry roads. Got tired of ending up on them with our Civic which prompted use to get a Jeep. I have pics in my profile of mine.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

a 2.5" bb would get you to fit 35's. you can run stock shocks with adapters if wanted...but I would move up to new shocks to complete the lift.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

You can pick up some used rubi shocks for sound $100 to get a better ride than stock and save up for better ones until those start to go bad. At least thats my plan.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by catahoula
You can pick up some used rubi shocks for sound $100 to get a better ride than stock and save up for better ones until those start to go bad. At least thats my plan.
I ordered the RC 2.5 yesterday. The instructions included on the extreme terrain site only include the actual installation of the springs and shocks. I watched a YouTube vid on the rough country site that included relocating several items like brake lines, etc.

My jk is a 2010 4dr rubicon, anyone know what all will need to be moved? I'm planning on putting 295 70/17s on it fare the lift.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkjk
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to run 35s with out breaking the bank, and making my rig too tall. I still thinking of the longer coils. But if I were to get just the longer coils, would I need to get longer shocks or could I keep my stock ones. I've so seen some super lift shocks that are for 0-2" of lift. Which would be better?
You could run shock adapters.

If you get longer shocks for your 2012-2013 you will need a new front driveshaft. If you don't want the expense of a new driveshaft, you can use shock adapters, but you will limit your axles down travel.

New shocks and driveshaft is obviously better but is it worth the cost? That's the choice you have make based on how much you want to spend.

The nice thing is you can always run adapters now, then later upgrade the shocks and buy a new driveshaft and sell your adapters to the next guy.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

You can find slightly used set for all four corners for around $50. New around $80-100. That's what is great about anyones build. It can be in stages and you can always get some money back when you sell your parts.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I might get the 2.5 bb listed by BeachJK with new shocks.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DesolationMania
I'm running Teraflex BB with a 1" BL. It saved me from having to change driveshafts, while still getting a decent lift. But if you plan on doing serious wheeling, I would save up and get a lift other than a BB.
Can you post some pics of your rig?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kms325

I ordered the RC 2.5 yesterday. The instructions included on the extreme terrain site only include the actual installation of the springs and shocks. I watched a YouTube vid on the rough country site that included relocating several items like brake lines, etc.

My jk is a 2010 4dr rubicon, anyone know what all will need to be moved? I'm planning on putting 295 70/17s on it fare the lift.
Is it a coil lift?

Quick Reply: Budget Lift