Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget Lift

Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget Lift

I have a 2012 Wrangler JK. I am looking for a lift so I can eventually put on 33" tires. I'm not looking to spend a ton. Just something that will give me tire clearance and better off road clearance. Any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Snowbrder086
I have a 2012 Wrangler JK. I am looking for a lift so I can eventually put on 33" tires. I'm not looking to spend a ton. Just something that will give me tire clearance and better off road clearance. Any suggestions?
I bought the RC 2.5 lift 150 bucks going to put it on this weekend
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mj's-jk

Where did you get it?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just remember the old saying you get what you pay for!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mj's-jk
I have the same lift and wheel the hell out of the jeep - its been great for the price and never had issues keeping up with buddies who have RK $1000+ lifts.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the teraflex leveling kit with the longer springs is better than the kit with just spacers. Is it better to go with spacers and stock shocks or to go with longer springs and new shocks?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

I'm running Teraflex BB with a 1" BL. It saved me from having to change driveshafts, while still getting a decent lift. But if you plan on doing serious wheeling, I would save up and get a lift other than a BB.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

You can run 33"s without a lift. But if your ready to grow, take stock of what trails you want to go on. When you lift you want to do it once.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
JK Newbie

I'd like to keep the center of mass down, but still run 35s. I'm leaning more in the direction of the teraflex leveling kit with the longer springs and adding new shocks. Kind of building my own lift kit, but keeping it at 1.5" or so.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Darkjk
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the teraflex leveling kit with the longer springs is better than the kit with just spacers. Is it better to go with spacers and stock shocks or to go with longer springs and new shocks?
Stock springs are tuned for stock weight jeeps and biased for 'plush' road manners but tend to lean in turns and have nose dive in hard braking. Budget boost kits use puck spacers between the springs and frame to gain lift. So road handling characteristics are the same but more pronounced due to a higher center of gravity. Now, add bumper & winch weight : those springs are now compressed while your at a stand still.

Aftermarket springs lift the jeep, add more wheel travel ( articulation ) and take into account added weight of bumpers, winch, and armor. In general, aftermarket springs are a bit more stiff than stock, some more than others. Harshness is tunable by shocks, tire type, air pressure in tires.

So it's all a balance of what trails you go on, how much you want to invest.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 02-19-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Budget Lift