Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget Build Feedback before ordering

Old 01-17-2014, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Budget Build Feedback before ordering

Hey guys, wanted to throw down a list here and get some feedback before ordering parts.

Vehicle: 2012 JKU

What I do with it currently: DD and mostly trails and desert runs to go shooting and camping.

What I want to do with it: Be able to do some intermediate trails and go to Moab.

What I won't be doing with it: Banging it against giant boulders.

*(1)Metalcloak 3.5 ARB edition

*(5) 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers

*(1) VKS Front Stubby Bumper

*(1) JKS Quick Disco

After this, the next upgrades will be:

*Gussets and sleeves
*Regear
*VKS sliders
*Rear carrier (currently not running a rear bumper and don't care to. Maybe just chuck the spare in the back and ratchet it own if it fits)
*Front driveshaft

For wheels I'll be utilizing stock Rubi's with spacers for now unless I can find some used black aluminum wheels for around $100/piece.

Any feedback on parts or the order of planned parts to purchase would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	524391  
Old 01-17-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Jks

May want to check out some reviews on JKS. I had to buy a second set for some parts and there is another thread on here about someone having a hard time getting replacement parts from JKS. Good product overall, but there are a lot of options out there.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Schlieko
May want to check out some reviews on JKS. I had to buy a second set for some parts and there is another thread on here about someone having a hard time getting replacement parts from JKS. Good product overall, but there are a lot of options out there.
Thanks for that. Some quick browsing looked like most folks were very happy. I'd like to keep that part of the budget <$200. I'll peek around some more.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the JKS topic....there were (and maybe still are) some counterfit parts floating around. Just make sure to purchase your parts from an official dealer.

Your build list sounds great!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OH9JK
On the JKS topic....there were (and maybe still are) some counterfit parts floating around. Just make sure to purchase your parts from an official dealer.

Your build list sounds great!
Thanks bud!

Quick Reply: Budget Build Feedback before ordering