Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget boost questions.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget boost questions.

Looking at doing a budget boost.

Which spacer lift will have the best on road ride. I want it to corner better then stock and provide a plush ride.

Opinions?
Old 04-01-2016, 03:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A spacer lift is exactly what it states. All you are doing is adding a puck above your existing springs and most of those kits use your existing shocks. The ride will stay the same as it is now. A good pair of after market shocks will help for sure
Old 04-01-2016, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
A spacer lift is exactly what it states. All you are doing is adding a puck above your existing springs and most of those kits use your existing shocks. The ride will stay the same as it is now. A good pair of after market shocks will help for sure
^Exactly. If you are not happy with ride now you won't be happy after the spacer lift, it should change nothing. If you go up in tire size, which you will, you will probably want to upgrade your steering stabilizer, shocks. If you go with a 2 1/2 spacer you can even add geometry correction brackets (AEV, Rubicon Express) to help correct what you just offset, but some think that's overkill for a spacer lift.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been running my spacer lift for nearly a year. Pretty much the same as any stock jeep I've ever been in. That being said I have a Teraflex coil lift with Rancho 9000XL shocks ready to go on
Old 04-01-2016, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will I need adjustable front and rear Johnson rods to get it to ride as smooth as my wife's car does.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

If ride quality is important along with current mpg then do not lift. Spacers do keep stock springs but lifting raises your center of gravity. You will have more body roll in a turn. Steering stabilizer change is money wasted.

Increasing wheel track (wider width of wheels on same axel) will improve speed in turns but decrease turn radius.

If your goal is improved cornering, LOWER your jeep with stiff springs and shocks, increase diameter of anti-roll bars and use low profile summer street performance rubber.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 04-01-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an AEV 2" spacer lift. I don't notice a difference from stock.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

I have the Teraflex spacer leveling kit. It rides like stock. I thought it would be enough lift, but I am now saving for a Teraflex 2.5" coil lift. Wish I would have gone with the 2.5" lift first.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well that didn't work too well. Everyone around here is way too nice I guess. Was expecting some flames and other "what the heck, this guy must not have a clue" stuff. Some may have been thinking it but never said a word. April fools post crash and burn.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This ain't those Other boards.

Quick Reply: Budget boost questions.