Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget boost

Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, call me a dumb*ss

Originally Posted by brattwurzt
As far as I can tell, Old Man Emu does not make a lift for the JK.

Am I wrong?
OK, I found it.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wayland1985
At around $700 for 2 inches though.... It's a high price to pay! Is the OME at least a fully loaded kit???

I know new adjustable traction bar is more or less needed for the budget boosts. Does this come in the OME to make up for the high cost? Or is it just another over-priced JK hot-item?

Heck, at that price, I can get the Rusty's 2inch kit.... the terraflex basic budget boost, and some traction bars and invent my own Wayland kit... with drop brackets, coil lift, shocks and whatever else needed, and still have some cash left over for some grab handles
No one said you had to buy it.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
No one said you had to buy it.
But I wannnnnnt it.

I just need to be able to afford it! So does it come fully loaded?
Old 01-03-2008, 10:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

But I wannnnnnt it.

I just need to be able to afford it! So does it come fully loaded?
It comes with springs, shocks, and some leveling spacers if needed. OME/ARB designed the lift not to need a track bar, control arms, or bump stops. I am depending on this as I am currently waiting for mine to arrive. OME has always had a super reputation for the quality of their lifts and that is what I am hanging my hat on.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered the OME lift along with front leveling 10mm spacers and some FT F/R Trackbars.. should have it all installed with a write up in the next few weeks.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It comes with springs, shocks, and some leveling spacers if needed. OME/ARB designed the lift not to need a track bar, control arms, or bump stops. I am depending on this as I am currently waiting for mine to arrive. OME has always had a super reputation for the quality of their lifts and that is what I am hanging my hat on.
So buy once, install once. No extra parts needed? Is the OME a direct bolt on kit (no welding/cutting/drilling needed? Then it would be worth the cost.

Originally Posted by kthrash
I ordered the OME lift along with front leveling 10mm spacers and some FT F/R Trackbars.. should have it all installed with a write up in the next few weeks.
Keep us informed.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Jedi Master

So buy once, install once. No extra parts needed? Is the OME a direct bolt on kit (no welding/cutting/drilling needed? Then it would be worth the cost.
You are just replacing the shocks and springs. The only bolts are the ones you have to take off and put back on for the shocks and sway bar links. No welding/cutting/drilling needed.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JMP8562
HEY NOT TRYING TO BE A KILLJOY BUT GO TO SEARCH AND LOOK UP THE DEATH WOBBLE AND ESP TRAC CONT ISSUES SOME PEOPLE ARE HAVING WITH BB I THINK ONE WAS POSTED BY "SILVERGSTONEJK"
The "Death Wobble" Is seemingly coming from improper re-installation of the track bars.

I too like most on this forum went with the Teraflex 2.5. Very happy! Check the my project jk link for pic's
Old 01-03-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

I too went with the TF BB kit and love it. Easy install, great handling...I'm a happy man!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Here is a write up with pics and measurements of the finished product from a board member that just put their OME lift on... It gives you more than 2" of lift...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=22512&page=2

Quick Reply: Budget boost