Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget boost

Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Budget boost

Just a quick Question, I know it's probably been asked a 100 times but I'm going to ask anyway. I just bought an 08 x and want to put a little lift on, I'm looking at the skyjacker BB, the full traction BB and the black diamond BB. I would like some opinions from you guys out there with first hand experience on any or all of these, Its not alot of money at stake I just don't want to order one and then find out it's a POS. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Wheelerbob
Old 01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not on your list, but I just put the Teraflex 2.5 on last weekend, and love it. Easy install, zero driveabilty issues, top notch kit.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Eugene the jeep
Not on your list, but I just put the Teraflex 2.5 on last weekend, and love it. Easy install, zero driveabilty issues, top notch kit.
x2 8000 miles on it and love it!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

I am personally not a fan of plastic spacer BB lifts, I had one on a TJ Unlimited and absolutely hated it.. Basically what you are doing is altering the center of gravity applied to the stock spring which in my opinion causes the vehicle to behave differently on the road, I know a lot of people say that it is just characteristic of a lift, but I assure you that anyone that removes a spacer BB and installs real springs in its place of equal height will tell you the full size springs will handle and ride more or better than it did when stock.. With that said, I would opt for an Old Man Emu suspension or a similar setup where springs are used for lift and not a plastic spacer.

Just my .02
Old 01-02-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put the TF pucks on with the shock spacers. No issuse. I just now added OME shocks.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kthrash
I am personally not a fan of plastic spacer BB lifts, I had one on a TJ Unlimited and absolutely hated it.. Basically what you are doing is altering the center of gravity applied to the stock spring which in my opinion causes the vehicle to behave differently on the road, I know a lot of people say that it is just characteristic of a lift, but I assure you that anyone that removes a spacer BB and installs real springs in its place of equal height will tell you the full size springs will handle and ride more or better than it did when stock.. With that said, I would opt for an Old Man Emu suspension or a similar setup where springs are used for lift and not a plastic spacer.

Just my .02
Old 01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
joedouglas

go with the cheapest you can find in my opinion, its just a spacer and a couple of brackets, my wife bought the cheapest one she could find and had it installed for x-mas and i love it, would never know it was there except for the little gain in height which was all i wanted, i don't like driving way up there lifted jeeps with huge tires, i just think they look cool --
Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also have the TF BB w Sock Adapters. Ive done some hard wheelin, and no problems. 10,000 km in. No problems, and very happy. Very impressed with the Shock Adapters!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2 inch Skyjacker on mine. Easy to install and no complaints.
Rides like stock. Didn't even need to re-center the steering wheel.
Gives the 33s room to move.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had Skyjacker products put on every Jeep I've ever owned, and never had any problems.
81 CJ-7, 99 TJ, 07 JK Unlimited
It's low tech (BB) so don't overthink it.....

Quick Reply: Budget boost