Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget Boost

Old 11-06-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics guys! And By the way the reason why I'm going with a budget boost is for my budget (ie budget boost). I can't spend a lot and if I want to upgrade later, I can get shorter coils than I would've had to without the boost.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

By the way why do I need discos? I know what they do, but I don't know why they're that important (sorry, I've never hardcore wheeled)
Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gforce!
By the way why do I need discos? I know what they do, but I don't know why they're that important (sorry, I've never hardcore wheeled)
You don't 'need' them and will only require them once you start wheeling and getting used to what you can and can not do with your new lift. I have the exact same lift as you are installing. I have a daily driver and do light to moderate wheeling. I bought disconnects, but only because I bent one of my links and had to replace it, so basically I got them instead a little earlier than I had planned. Here's some pics of what your lift will basically look like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flex2 small.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	233357Click image for larger version

Name:	flex pair.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	233359

I think it's great you are starting out with this lift and saving money for some other stuff. Spread around your money and you can get more for less and still be able to keep up with some of the other JK setups you see here on the forums!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Phantom Rescue,

That's pretty sick man. How much did the discos cost?
Old 11-06-2011, 04:21 PM
MTH
JK Enthusiast

You got the BB with either the shock extensions or TeraFlex shocks, right? If you got the BB without shocks or extensions, you'll need to get a separate set of longer shocks. Your stock shocks can't handle 2.5" of lift without extensions.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Phantom Rescue,

That's pretty sick man. How much did the discos cost?
They were pretty affordable and easy to install. JKS' are very popular if you have the funds. The ones I got were the Teraflex ones, I think I had gotten them on sale for around $120. Like I said it's only cause I bent one of my links.
Click image for larger version

Name:	bent linkage.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	233408

Originally Posted by MTH
You got the BB with either the shock extensions or TeraFlex shocks, right? If you got the BB without shocks or extensions, you'll need to get a separate set of longer shocks. Your stock shocks can't handle 2.5" of lift without extensions.
Like MTH says here, I went with the shocks. Did not like the idea of doing extensions and the shocks were a very small portion of the cost when you get everything together. You are also going to get a rear trackbar relocation bracket in this kit. I did not bother drilling and installing it and most people don't bother due to the fact the lift is only 2.5" spacer style lift, I would do this if I had gotten the coil lift as it yields another inch or so. Just read the step by step instructions and another good resource is the writeup on the Project-JK page found here TERAFLEX BB WRITEUP. As was also mentioned, you are going to need a 1.5" spacer kit for your wheels or get new rims with a 1.5" backspacing. With this installation, make sure you put some white lithium grease to help slide the spacers into the mount holes. I had to use a bottle jack to help install them, they were super tight to get in. Good luck with it and let us know if you have any more questions.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Ok cool I'll get the kit that also has the springs. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:10 PM
MTH
JK Enthusiast

Ok cool I'll get the kit that also has the springs. Thanks for the help guys!
Springs? You mean shocks?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I mean shocks lol sorry.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

Once the lift is installed, what about alignment and steering geometry? I'm leaning toward this kit for my JKU as well and want to make sure it drives right when I'm done as it is my wife's daily driver... I would never hear the end of it if it's not right!!!

For alignments, do the local NTB type shops have a clue typically as to how to properly align the JK?

Quick Reply: Budget Boost