Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broken Track Bar Bracket

Old 05-12-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the bracket that caligirl received (posted on another thread) from Skyjacker. Hers was F.O.C. since here trackbar bracket had broken.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 05-12-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:25 AM
JK Newbie

Default Mine broke too...

Mine rear bracket sheared off the axle on me Saturday in the middle of the Big Cypress National Preserve. It has a Skyjacker suspension lift as well. I was 90 miles from anywhere in the middle of the swamp. I was able to make it back to camp. Luckily one of the guys that was in our group came back Sunday with his welding set up on his pickup truck and fixed me up good enough to get home. You just got to love how much jeepers will do to help each other out!

TiredPete
Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor

Hello, I've been checking out JK-forum for a few weeks, great forum!!!!

Regarding the topic just wanted to share a couple of pics of our track bar relocator front and rear.

BTW, you should see Currie as a sponsor very soon!!!

Last edited by David @ Currie Ent.; 08-07-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TiredPete
Mine rear bracket sheared off the axle on me Saturday in the middle of the Big Cypress National Preserve. It has a Skyjacker suspension lift as well. I was 90 miles from anywhere in the middle of the swamp. I was able to make it back to camp. Luckily one of the guys that was in our group came back Sunday with his welding set up on his pickup truck and fixed me up good enough to get home. You just got to love how much jeepers will do to help each other out!

TiredPete
No support bracket installed. You either need one or find another way to mount your TB.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

holy crap, now that's what i call reinforcement! i'm glad to see currie is at least one manufaturer making much needed inprovements to the track brackets. that looks 1000% stronger then factory. any idea when those will become avalible? and how much (ball park?)

this is my picture of the carnage left from my bracket shearing off as well, and the reinforcements done at the time to help out. but that looks a hell of a lot beefer! oops can't find it to upload i will later :(

but that looks awesome great work!

Last edited by xravn; 08-09-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

k added pictures sorry for the poor quality was camera phone. and was taken day it was reweilded on. the shock has since been replaced with an new unit above the axle not below. broke 2 other units from them hitting the lower part of the bracket...the relocation brackets fixed that problem.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by xravn
k added pictures sorry for the poor quality was camera phone. and was taken day it was reweilded on. the shock has since been replaced with an new unit above the axle not below. broke 2 other units from them hitting the lower part of the bracket...the relocation brackets fixed that problem.
You broke the front bracket? That's odd, it seems like the tendency is for the rear to break, for obvious reasons.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

any pics of this installed?

Quick Reply: Broken Track Bar Bracket