Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broken Track Bar Bracket

Old 05-05-2007, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok.. so, does anybody has a pic of their trackbar bracket "beefed up"??? i just wanted some ideas before having a shop weld some for me
Old 05-05-2007, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bim6180
ok.. so, does anybody has a pic of their trackbar bracket "beefed up"??? i just wanted some ideas before having a shop weld some for me

I don't think anyone that has had their's fixed, has posted any pics. I'm subscribed to all threads pertaining to the Skyjacker situation because it pertains to my rig also. I've got a buddy that I'm going to get to gusset mine, but I've been so busy will so little free time lately, I haven't had the opportunity to wheel my rig but once, so I haven't been as concerned about it breaking on my 4-5 mile round trip to work every day, although I probably should.

Here's a pic of the Skyjacker's fix that the sent to Caligirl, but she hasn't posted pics of her re-welded bracket.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 05-05-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

yeah...i'm still waiting on that pic too...
Old 05-05-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I sympathise with all of you that have had the bracket break. I have the Black Diamond 3" and I have had no problems. And that's saying alot, because I wheel the piss out of my rig!
I'm going to get the adj. trackbar as soon as I go another 1" taller. The adjustables are able to relieve alot of stress from leverage, simply because they have flexible joints at the axle-end. With the stock trackbar, the radial and shear forces are too much for the little mount from the factory. Add to that a taller mounting bracket and you're looking to break that factory mount for sure. This was also quite common on the TJs, as were the weak mounts for the control-arms...
Old 05-05-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

You know, I just realized......I went back to the beginning of this thread.......this started as the front bracket, I've been talking about the rear. The front doesn't concern me because it doesn't relocate but and inch or so (it will be replaced with an adjustable bar also), while the rear relocates like four inches (or more) and seems to be where there have been multiple breaks.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Then what kit to buy?

About to order my 3" kit and now a bit confused as to which kit to buy BD 3" or the Full traction Economy and by the Adj front Track bar? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by unimog2
About to order my 3" kit and now a bit confused as to which kit to buy BD 3" or the Full traction Economy and by the Adj front Track bar? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

And the adjustable rear bar ???
Old 05-05-2007, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Edit: Did not realize the thread was 4 pages long, and my question was answered.

I'm bummed for you guys/gals to have to go through this crap.

Good luck with it!!!!

Last edited by shredX; 05-05-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shredX
Seems that adding adjustable track bars is better than the bracket. Could someone chime in to confirm? I was going to order some track bars to center my axels.

Thanks.
Rubimon was just telling me that on another thread..
Seems like we are all worried about the bracket relocation thing.. and adjustable trac bars will correct that..

Still debating on which 3-4" lift is the best for the money..!!
Old 05-05-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

All that I'm saying, is that maybe DC should have designed the rear bracket more like this. It looks a little better and it has a lateral gusset. Guess what this is.........

The Gladiator........imagine that.

Quick Reply: Broken Track Bar Bracket