Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broken Track Bar Bracket

Old 05-03-2007, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Yup, you won't have a relocation bracket with the TeraFlex BB and so you won't have this problem.
I am getting a Skyjacket as well and would like to be forearmed when I go to putting it all together. Pictures would be great !

Well I don't HAVE to get a Skyjacker kit.. I want to go 3-4 inches and am running 33's. But I don't want the extended shock stuff like on a TeraFlex 2.5bb etc. I want full on stuff, short arms, double disco's nitro shocks etc. any recommendations Under 1500.00??? Thanks
Old 05-03-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

if you're only going with 2.5 Skyjacker coil lift, you don't have to use the relocation bracket. Just get an adjustable track bar for front and rear, and you'll be all set (this is the set up that i'll be installing next month).

However, if you go with Skyjacker 4" lift, then you might want to get Teraflex drop bracket in addition to the adjustable track bar...that's a whole lot better than the relocation bracket from skyjacker (since it's mounted on the frame, instead of the axle)
Old 05-03-2007, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mine broke today, too!

Well, as predicted, my track bar braket broke today. I wasn't out wheeling either, just driving in town 35mphs and below with 5 large adults in the seats. Contacted SkyJacker and they took my info and said they will send me the reinforcement bracket when it is a vailable next week. I did contact them 3 weeks ago to get the part and they said it was not ready and woulld not be ready for another week beccause it was in powder coating.

Anyway, they blame Jeep for not welding correctly. However, it was not the weld that broke it was the metal.

I'll have pictures tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody has pictures of the carnage?

Or the fixed carnage?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CLACKEY573
Nobody has pictures of the carnage?

Or the fixed carnage?
I second this and it concerns me very much since i have a Skyjacker!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

well after crawling under mine to look at it in the hotel parking lot (and getting odd looks in the process) I am NOT impressed with the fatory weld job. The welds look to lack total pentration and they leave 1/2" of bracket unwelded at the ends.
This would work "ok" with factory tires and no off-roading but I bet I would see signs of the welds failing with JUST off-roading side loads and no bigger tires.

Even the double shear for the panhard bar does not impress me.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:50 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by usmcdoc14
well after crawling under mine to look at it in the hotel parking lot (and getting odd looks in the process) I am NOT impressed with the fatory weld job. The welds look to lack total pentration and they leave 1/2" of bracket unwelded at the ends.
This would work "ok" with factory tires and no off-roading but I bet I would see signs of the welds failing with JUST off-roading side loads and no bigger tires.

Even the double shear for the panhard bar does not impress me.
Yeah, I hear ya but if you've been following all the breaks people have been having, not all of them are breaking at the welds as you would think.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default PIctures of the carnage.. As promised :)

Old 05-04-2007, 03:42 AM
JK Freak

WOW.... I have been looking at mine..seems kind of small for what a "Jeep" is supposed to be.. DC, is saving money in the wrong places.. [/COLOR][/B]
Old 05-04-2007, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Yeah, I hear ya but if you've been following all the breaks people have been having, not all of them are breaking at the welds as you would think.
WOL, it looks to me like Jeephrog hit the double whammy and broke welds and metal. To me, this looks like an obvious design problem from the factory. That bracket is a small, thin, and poorly welded. It would be in everyone's best interest to gusset/brace the bracket whether you have a relocation bracket or not.

Who knows, it may not be all Skyjackers fault (granted the relocation bracket is a bad idea). There pre-production JK's may have had stronger welds/parts because DC knew they would be put through the paces and maybe DC has since tried cost cutting in some places that is coming back to haunt now. You see how many other things have been "adjusted" to correct early build problems. Anyway, just a theory.

Jeeprhog, your kit didn't come witha crush sleeve to fit in the Factory bracket where the OEM bolt goes through?

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 05-04-2007 at 05:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Broken Track Bar Bracket